Poll Options
View poll results: Which one
Ibanez Prestige RGT220A
14 67%
Ibanez RG350EX
4 19%
Ibanez RG320EX (i think...)
0 0%
Ibanez JS1000 (might have to save a bit more)
3 14%
Voters: 21.
Alrighty, So ive narrowed my choices down to these four guitars. I wanted 24 fret, non-bolt on, HH pups and a Tremolo. The guitar is for 80's Hair Metal and Thrash, and the max budget is around $1300 Canadian. No need to suggest anything else, just vote.

P.S My internet froze and it double posted the last one before i could get the poll on. sorry bout that.
lol i have no idea but i read ur sig and that is sooooooooo true....so yea....im useless but thats funny
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
LOL
a fixed version still without the guitars you were looking into
thats like fixing a clogged tiolet with toilet paper, not the smartest move
XD
ok, in the timew it took to write that, a poll thing magicly apeared...
wtf?!??....
lets see
the RGT, because you said you didn't want a bolt on, and 3/4 choices there are bolt ons!
Yeah, i couldnt find very many that werent! i checked out a bunch of other brands and eveything seems to be bolt on thesee days, and they are so damn uncomfortable lol. and is the JS1000 a bolt on? i didnt know that...
So far that prestige Model is in the lead, i was kinda leaning towards that one. Anybody have any experience with the natural finish, easier to move on then a glossed neck?
Dude, get yourself something with tone instead.

Check a Jackson SL2. Alder is an infinitely livelier wood than Basswood, and the rounder neck profile will benefit your tone, and your hands (unless you've got tiny hands, you will get cramps).
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by Striketalonx
Dude, get yourself something with tone instead.

Check a Jackson SL2. Alder is an infinitely livelier wood than Basswood, and the rounder neck profile will benefit your tone, and your hands (unless you've got tiny hands, you will get cramps).

Eh. Right. Not knocking the SL2, which is great, but your argument doesn't hold water - at all.

And yeah, the only guitar in this list which isn't a bolt-on costs about CAD1800.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
Eh. Right. Not knocking the SL2, which is great, but your argument doesn't hold water - at all.

And yeah, the only guitar in this list which isn't a bolt-on costs about CAD1800.

Hate to seem like a bit of EJ, but the more wood you've got running from our headstock to your body, the more tone is going to be transfered from the strings vibrating on the nut and all through-out the fretboard.

The hands part is just a common observation from people who own Ibanez.

+

Basswood is basically the flattest tonewood in terms of responsiveness. Alder is brighter, and its got a snappier characteristic. To me, thats livelier than a plain wood like basswood.
Quote by Striketalonx
Hate to seem like a bit of EJ, but the more wood you've got running from our headstock to your body, the more tone is going to be transfered from the strings vibrating on the nut and all through-out the fretboard.
RGT220 is a mahogany body with a maple neckthru. What's your point? (edit: or ash body, depends which one you look at)

Quote by Striketalonx
The hands part is just a common observation from people who own Ibanez.
Eh. I've owned four with the original Wizard. I have big hands. Never noticed any negative effects. Guess it's not so common anymore!

Quote by Striketalonx
Basswood is basically the flattest tonewood in terms of responsiveness. Alder is brighter, and its got a snappier characteristic. To me, thats livelier than a plain wood like basswood.
Yet again, it's all in the eye of the beholder. Or the ear, in this case. I sold off my mahogany and alder guitars to grab another basswood Roadstar. Wouldn't trade the tone of basswood for anything.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
RGT220 is a mahogany body with a maple neckthru. What's your point? (edit: or ash body, depends which one you look at)

Eh. I've owned four with the original Wizard. I have big hands. Never noticed any negative effects. Guess it's not so common anymore!

Yet again, it's all in the eye of the beholder. Or the ear, in this case. I sold off my mahogany and alder guitars to grab another basswood Roadstar. Wouldn't trade the tone of basswood for anything.

Ahhh, I indeed forgot about the RGT220's wood.

+

No, it still is a common observation. I've talked to a good 15 fellow guitarists who complain that Ibanez necks give them cramps.

Double plus
Then you just like flat response woods. You can't deny that basswood is pretty vanilla in terms of woods.
Make a paypal account and convert your money into American dollars and you would even more money to buy with your cash.
Quote by Striketalonx
No, it still is a common observation. I've talked to a good 15 fellow guitarists who complain that Ibanez necks give them cramps.
Oh well, to each their own. They sold, sell, and will sell like hot cookies, that's gotta mean there's at least that many people who like them.

Quote by Striketalonx
Then you just like flat response woods. You can't deny that basswood is pretty vanilla in terms of woods.
I'm going to deny that vehemently, actually. To me, mahogany is the dull wood, and I'm fairly fond of alder and basswood, but more so basswood since I find it easier to equalize for strong mids while still preserving the top end chime. Your mileage may vary, and most likely will - which leads to the main point: tonewood arguments are trite and pointless.
Quote by pifty
Oh well, to each their own. They sold, sell, and will sell like hot cookies, that's gotta mean there's at least that many people who like them.

I'm going to deny that vehemently, actually. To me, mahogany is the dull wood, and I'm fairly fond of alder and basswood, but more so basswood since I find it easier to equalize for strong mids while still preserving the top end chime. Your mileage may vary, and most likely will - which leads to the main point: tonewood arguments are trite and pointless.

I'm not saying that the necks aren't great. They are, just that hand cramps come as a side effect.

+

Go read up on basswood. It is used because it literally is flat in response. I'm not just saying this. Guitar makers use it because its so flat it can be used in almost any situation.
Quote by Striketalonx
Go read up on basswood. It is used because it literally is flat in response. I'm not just saying this. Guitar makers use it because its so flat it can be used in almost any situation.

I wish I could read. I could learn so many things.

I'm not going to deny that it has a flat response curve, in a sense that it doesn't empower the highs or the lows, but that doesn't exactly amount to "vanilla" in my book. Actually quite the desireable quality to me. Anyways, let's stick to the topic of this silly thread.
Quote by which ones pink
^Silly is right, the TS answered his own question by saying he wanted neck-through.

Tecnically i thought that the JS1000 was set, and i added the Other two because i CAN deal with bolt on, id just prefer to not have them. but oh well, The Neck-Through won anyways, ill save up whatever extra cash i need and go get it. thanks