Sorry for another new amp thread guys. But i'm in a slight dilema here. For a while now I've been looking to see what amp to get in my price range, which i'll say is between like £450 and £600. I'd prefere to buy new because I want to try out the amp in store which most used amps in that price range that I'd want (JCM800 etc) wouldn't be around to try. So after looking around at prices and styles etc the Peavey Valveking 212 and Peavey Classic 50 seem to be the front runners (I may look to classic 30 but I'm currently gigging small-mid with a look to bigger ones in the near future so wanna have room to manuvre with volume). At the moment I can't really decide between the 2 because I hear good things from both sides. I play a few styles, classic rock, instrumental (satch etc), blues, punk, and some light metal........though the first 3 I said are my main fields. Just look at my sig for my current gear, I don't think I need to say why I'm changing amp lol. Also just another note, on the guitar I'm going to be putting a dimarzio fred in the bridge, undecided on the neck and middle yet incase that helps.
So I think that is about the long and short of it.
Cheers guys.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
I would say the C30 would be enough with a 112 extention cab. but if you want cleans at gigging volume then classic 50 it is.
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by ssguitar
I would say the C30 would be enough with a 112 extention cab. but if you want cleans at gigging volume then classic 50 it is.

Oops, thanks dude. I did forget to mention I will be using the cleans a decent amount. Not loads but enough to warrent some nice cleans.
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
well i know i have to crank the **** outta my amp (on 50 watt setting) to get a nice enough break up (like 7+). so if you want super clean then the 50, but if you want a nice break up that you can turn crystal clear with the volume knob then 30. i would personally prefer the 30

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Hmm interesting. What do you reckon the overdrive is like on the 50? (cranked or otherwise). Anyway though as far as cleans goes I'm leaning more towards the 50, because I kinda want my cleans to sound clean (though a little room at high enough volume for a break up is nice). See this is what I mean when I say I'm in a slight dilema
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
have you played them both? i know that its hard to get a cranked clean on my marshall without turning master to like 8-9 and preamp as loud as i can get it. im sure it would sound similar to a cranked C30. if i were you i would try to find them both in a store where you can go in the back room or somethign and crank the **** out of it

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
I havent played either.....yet. At the moment I'm just looking for opinions you know. But yeh, good idea cranking them in store though lol, usually they don't like it loud though and say turn it down but I guess I can just say "f**k you, either I keep the volume as it is and you may make a sale or I take my business elsewhere." lol probably get kicked out but oh well lol. I'm mainly looking at the stores in my city you know so I'm not sure if any have them in (they are all pretty crap stores tbh) so I'll have to have a gander and try them out if/when I find them.
Cheers for the advice though, seems you were the only one that could be bothered lol.

p.s. at the end of the day, pretty much anything I get will be an improvement anyway wont it lol.
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15