From what I've heard and seen/felt, there finishes seem to wear easy, and the baseplates are kinda iffy, though newer ones are supposivly better. I played one once and found it felt rather cheap.
they're great floyds
they feel exactly the same as an OFR. Great quality Floyds and the only LFR that I'd ever use
From what I've heard and seen/felt, they're of as good or better quality as the original floyd rose.
So do they give a noticeable increase in sustain? They are a little cheaper and they are supposed to increase sustain and tonal response.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
I found them no different then OFRs. They use the same sustain blocks. For what its worth, I found the tonal resonspe to be a bit flatter, but it could of been the guitar too in both cases (a Charvel 275 that someone had put one in and a Floyd Rose Discovery series)
What exactly do you mean by that the tonal response was flatter?
SPAM

Quote by FFFDFEFRFKFFF
What exactly do you mean by that the tonal response was flatter?

It just felt bland and uninspired, like it had no life to it or something. I can't put my finger on it... For some reason I find Floyds and Edges have a slightly brighter tone, which could boil down to the materials used. But its hard to ptu your finger on what it is without trying it for every variable.
Oh, okay. I'm kind of stuck right now on which to get 'cause $140 for a Ping or $170 for an OFR isnt' much of a difference but I don't want to get something that'll screw me over in a year.
SPAM

Quote by FFFDFEFRFKFFF
Oh, okay. I'm kind of stuck right now on which to get 'cause $140 for a Ping or $170 for an OFR isnt' much of a difference but I don't want to get something that'll screw me over in a year.

I would go OFR. They're proven, known to take serious abuse, the finishes hold up and last, and I feel its just a slightly better unit, and while the Ping is good, I don't think it quite approaches a Schaller, Gotoh, or OFR.
Thanks I was kind of hoping that it'd be too good to be true and that there would be a cheaper alternative that'd be just a good but I guess not at least I didn't buy the Ping. THanks a lot.
SPAM

I know it is an old topic, but i've just now found out that i have the same floyd...it is really sh*t, dont buy it
Lazer LG-180A
Dean Razorback V 255 @ 18v MOD
Bugera 6262-212
ATH-M50
Vox amPlug Metal
Boss TU-80
Boss ML-2
RZBK V 255 build <5%, ideas>
OFFICIAL "DEAN PLAYERS UNITE" PLAYER #2
BUGERA USERS MILITIA...One of the first owners...
Quote by EARNEST
I know it is an old topic, but i've just now found out that i have the same floyd...it is really sh*t, dont buy it

I doubt he waited 2 years tbh...:p
Quote by Gego
I doubt he waited 2 years tbh...:p

future buyers
Lazer LG-180A
Dean Razorback V 255 @ 18v MOD
Bugera 6262-212
ATH-M50
Vox amPlug Metal
Boss TU-80
Boss ML-2
RZBK V 255 build <5%, ideas>
OFFICIAL "DEAN PLAYERS UNITE" PLAYER #2
BUGERA USERS MILITIA...One of the first owners...
Actually, I did wait the two years...well it'll be longer than that because I'm just getting an OFR. Still haven't gotten around to it because I've gotten new guitars since then with better FR's but it's still on my to do list.

Thanks for resurrecting my ancient thread.
SPAM