I wanted to know which of these is superior. I'm kind of leaning towards the MXR because its smaller and would fit easier into my pedalboard, but i dont want that to be the telling factor. I can't try both of these out, as i have to order them in (australia). So for those of you who have tried both, which cleans up better and colors/kills less tone? (try not to just say ISP without thinking ;D)
Sigs are too hard to think up
If you really want the best noise gate possible I would save up and just get the ISP decimator pro rack G, I've heard nothing but good things about it. Takes a little screwing around with the settings perfect on it for your setup though, but once you get it set correctly you will not even know that it is there and it does not screw with your tone at all.
I think they arent really the same thing. The ISP is my favorite noise suppressor by far, doesnt color tone, maybe adds a little bit of bass but thats it, stops all feedback... unless you want it, does not cut of any notes. The best noise suppressor IMO.

The mxr is a gate. I really dont know much about it
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
Hmm I am totally wondering abotu a noise gate. I dont realyl need one all the time but there are some times that there is excessive noise coming form my rig. Is a used boss NS-2 worth it if I buy it used, because I wont be using it all the time.
Quote by stangconv
Hmm I am totally wondering abotu a noise gate. I dont realyl need one all the time but there are some times that there is excessive noise coming form my rig. Is a used boss NS-2 worth it if I buy it used, because I wont be using it all the time.

Not to be an ISP fanboy, but seriously the ISP is worth it. I will not use another noise suppressor/gate. I really think its that superior. Spending the money on it is worth it just because you can always use it, if its just a single coil buzz, or an effect hum, it will kill it right when you stop playing and it still wont cut off any notes.
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
Boss is a wonderful brand don't get me wrong but their ns-2 noise gate pedal is a real peice of ****, ruined my tone when I used it and cut out alot of notes in my playing when I had to crank it up all the way so it would actually stop the feedback.
Quote by dez_cole
Not to be an ISP fanboy, but seriously the ISP is worth it. I will not use another noise suppressor/gate. I really think its that superior. Spending the money on it is worth it just because you can always use it, if its just a single coil buzz, or an effect hum, it will kill it right when you stop playing and it still wont cut off any notes.

+1! An essential to my rig now, don't go anywhere without it!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by dez_cole

After reading around I really have no doubt about its greatness, but if I am spending 150 bucks (shipped to Canada) I would probally pass. I dont need it that bad. (yet I guess)

But I can pick up a boss NS-2 used for 50 bucks.
how does the isp fare with palm muting? does it kill it off? i read a few reviews which questioned this
Sigs are too hard to think up
Mmmm i personally hate the ISP decimator... It sucks tone and eliminates dynamics somewhat, i bought one, now it sits as a paperweight on my table.... It makes your tone somewhat sterile ive found....
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
Quote by the_crimison
how does the isp fare with palm muting? does it kill it off? i read a few reviews which questioned this

No, it doesn't kill mutes at all as long as you don't set the threshold too high.

Quote by sheumack111
Mmmm i personally hate the ISP decimator... It sucks tone and eliminates dynamics somewhat, i bought one, now it sits as a paperweight on my table.... It makes your tone somewhat sterile ive found....

Maybe if you put the knob really high... You shouldn't have it past about 11-12 o'clock or there's something wrong.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by sheumack111

Want to sell it?