Everyone belongs to everyone
16 15%
One partner
85 79%
Other scenario (please specify)
7 6%
Voters: 108.
Page 1 of 2
Read it for the first time yesterday. Very good read. Anyways, it got me kind of thinking...

Would you rather live in a society where everyone belongs to everyone? Basically, you can sleep with anyone you want, and it's socially acceptable to have many partners in one week. The exception is that you can't have a relationship, you can't have a child, and you can't get married or have a family. But you can virtually have any person you choose.

Or...

Would you prefer to have it the way things are, where most beautiful woman (or men) won't have sex with you, but eventually, you get to share your life with someone. Just for the sake of conversation, lets just say you may only have one partner.

Personally, I'm a one-woman kind of guy. I was born to be someone's lover, and only one person. I'm sort of a romantic fool in that sense.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
this is such a good question. You have me pondering. I will answer here shortly
Yeah and let's remember the brain washing, the drugs, the lack of arts, the lack of freedom and so on, i'll keep with the current system.
Quote by Draken
Yeah and let's remember the brain washing, the drugs, the lack of arts, the lack of freedom and so on, i'll keep with the current system.

Of course. But I was really speaking in general terms, not specifically what the book demanded of the society that offered everyone to everyone else.

Just in general.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

One partner... But as long as she has it all.. The looks, the intelligence, the sense of humor all that sweet stuff
I rather choose the first scenario and being able to have friends and a family
YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE FROM THE DOOM DOOM DOOM

My Equipment:
Schecter Omen FR
Fender Frontman 25
Digitech Distortion Factory
Just one for me, thanks.

Great book BTW. A lot of people from the Pit should read that book. Then again, a lot of people from the Pit can't read.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
Quote by Draken

but we have all this in the current system, well minus the lack of arts (buts thats next)

edit: by the way ts, if you liked that book, you should also read.....

Walden Two by B.F, Skinner
and
1984 by George Orwell
How do I change my sig?
Last edited by timesharescam at Nov 11, 2007,
Quote by cosmic rocker
I rather choose the first scenario and being able to have friends and a family

You can have friends, just no relationships with a single partner, and no family. There is no such thing as family in this scenario, therefore you won't really miss it.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

The book doesn't actually asks you the question, with the person who got brought back to the "new world" the autor shows that the Brave New World isn't perfect.

Now of course ,it's a police state.
Quote by Shea Donoghue
"WHY DON'T YOU JUST F*CK OFF?!" So I ran up to her face and went "FINE, I F*CKING WILL" and stuck my hands down my pants and started masturbating. My friends were pissing themselves laughing while she just went "JESUS CHRIST"
Quote by SilentDeftone
I don't want my dick falling off after sloppy 8432nds and a bunch of STDs.

Monogamy FTW.

-SD

In a diease and concenquence free environment?

Greatest novel ever written by the way.
I voted one person, not only because I think the concept of love is important, but simply because in the other scenario, what if a fat person wants to have sex with you?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
But... how do we increase the population if no one can reproduce?
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by x_thurston_x
Would you prefer to have it the way things are, where most beautiful woman (or men) won't have sex with you

maybe that's the way things are for you...
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
But... how do we increase the population if no one can reproduce?

Fertitlity treatment.

Only a few women are fertitle, only a embro is needed and it can create thosands of new lives.
Quote by cortez0
The book doesn't actually asks you the question, with the person who got brought back to the "new world" the autor shows that the Brave New World isn't perfect.

This is true, however, my curious mind couldn't help but wonder.

And there wouldn't be STDS or anything because of major brainwashing techniques making condom usage almost as basic as breathing.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

Great book .
I'd choose monogemy.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
I'd rather have normal life like it is now. I suppose if I was brought up like that I wouldn't mind so much, not having known anything different. In fact, I'd probably be as put off by the idea of a family as I am now by the idea of everyone belonging to everyone else.

But going on how I feel about it, I'd rather have normal society and be able to have a family and be in love, as love and sex is better than just lots of sex.

And may I also say that Brave New World is great.
I think the current system is good. Hot people having hot sex and ugly people having ugly sex.

Plus, love makes me happy.
Quote by x_thurston_x
This is true, however, my curious mind couldn't help but wonder.

And there wouldn't be STDS or anything because of major brainwashing techniques making condom usage almost as basic as breathing.

Wrong; there are no dieases. They cured them off and kept them off with constant clensiness. 'Sterlisation is civilisation.'
a ****nig awesome album by iron maiden...ima go listen to it now

and i'm planning on buying the book sometime soon, i've been wanting to read it for a while.
Quote by zwart_gitaar

Dismemberment gives me an erection!
I have no problem with a "free for all" community as far as sexuality is concerned, but I'd still like to be able to have that one I love, the significant other.
My God, it's full of stars!
Friends with benefits FTW.

In my view, sexuality and love can be something seperate, but as two get closer, it will become more merged.

I'd like it if sex was less of a taboo; if everyone was open about it we wouldn't have worries about STDs, pregnancies etc, as people would be more aware. However I wouldn't like the world to be a slutty free for all. Then sex would loose its special value, which is really what makes it so good.
Quote by Craigo
Wrong; there are no dieases. They cured them off and kept them off with constant clensiness. 'Sterlisation is civilisation.'

Thanks?
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

Quote by Vermintide
Friends with benefits FTW.

In my view, sexuality and love can be something seperate, but as two get closer, it will become more merged.

I'd like it if sex was less of a taboo; if everyone was open about it we wouldn't have worries about STDs, pregnancies etc, as people would be more aware. However I wouldn't like the world to be a slutty free for all. Then sex would loose its special value, which is really what makes it so good.

Indeed, it seems that the perfect balance isn't quite possible
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by x_thurston_x
Read it for the first time yesterday. Very good read. Anyways, it got me kind of thinking...

Would you rather live in a society where everyone belongs to everyone? Basically, you can sleep with anyone you want, and it's socially acceptable to have many partners in one week. The exception is that you can't have a relationship, you can't have a child, and you can't get married or have a family. But you can virtually have any person you choose.

Or...

Would you prefer to have it the way things are, where most beautiful woman (or men) won't have sex with you, but eventually, you get to share your life with someone. Just for the sake of conversation, lets just say you may only have one partner.

Personally, I'm a one-woman kind of guy. I was born to be someone's lover, and only one person. I'm sort of a romantic fool in that sense.
I'm sort of amused by a couple of things that are implied by your OP.

First of all, everyone DOES belong to everyone. In an emotional/spiritual sense, anyway. Relationships are not just physical, and we are all quite in this experience, together.

As far as "the way things are", I disagree. Society has evolved into a situation where multiple varying couplings are not uncommon. We're not required to submit to whomever, but are free to do so, if BOTH parties agree.

I'm pretty average looking, and I've had more "success" with beautiful looking women than those who look average and less than. My theory is they don't often get asked, because most guys think they don't stand a chance. Also, women who aren't as good looking sometimes see their sexuality as one of the few "prizes" they have to offer, and are not likely to be as free with it.

Sex in any context can have meaning, but is more meaningful in a committed relationship, as an expression of love.

And of course, the greatest love is shared when two people are bringing new life into the world.

just my $.02
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm sort of amused by a couple of things that are implied by your OP.

First of all, everyone DOES belong to everyone. In an emotional/spiritual sense, anyway. Relationships are not just physical, and we are all quite in this experience, together.

As far as "the way things are", I disagree. Society has evolved into a situation where multiple varying couplings are not uncommon. We're not required to submit to whomever, but are free to do so, if BOTH parties agree.

I'm pretty average looking, and I've had more "success" with beautiful looking women than those who look average and less than. My theory is they don't often get asked, because most guys think they don't stand a chance. Also, women who aren't as good looking sometimes see their sexuality as one of the few "prizes" they have to offer, and are not likely to be as free with it.

Sex in any context can have meaning, but is more meaningful in a committed relationship, as an expression of love.

And of course, the greatest love is shared when two people are bringing new life into the world.

And I agree entirely. I'm just speaking in very loose general terms for the sake of conversation. Clearly there are over a million little details that will most definately turn the tables, therefore I meant really in just general terms.

I was trying to really get a clearer picture of the differences between the two, hence why I tried to make them two extremes instead of just two situations.

Sort of like sex vs. emotional intamcy, give or take a few details.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

I'm almost positive you know what I chose.

I giggled at your last line in the original post. Your such a sap for these things, haha

Edit: Shit, I pressed the wrong option. Dammit.
I meant to chose one person for everyone.
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
Last edited by t3gan at Nov 23, 2007,
Quote by x_thurston_x

Or...

technically, you cant just sleep with who you want, you have to be in the caste (normally) and there is still a matter of choice.
No, I couldn't stand for people not to like me. I like to impress people and I can't have people think i'm special if no one thinks anyone is special.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by x_thurston_x
Of course. But I was really speaking in general terms, not specifically what the book demanded of the society that offered everyone to everyone else.

Just in general.

Generalities never work.
Page 1 of 2