I was thinking about getting a 360 (and Halo 3 of course ) but I'm not sure if a 360 is all that good......what all can the system do? Any other good games for it?
(Btw, I probably won't play online, but with my friends)
Quote by JDD331
A juggalo? Pokedex that ****.....what are they? like clowns...wannabes?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
god so many xbox/playstation threads today.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Halo is all but a great game. Ok, it got a nice multiplayer....but games like F.E.A.R. and Gears of War are much more complete and fun. And the best game ever on 360 is Skate. End of the story.
Brokeback Lego - Animation Movie I Made

Quote by \GuitarHero/
Our band mascot is a Muffin.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
And the best game ever on 360 is Skate. End of the story.

more like the best game ever, i put it up there with all the mario bros
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
If I get one, I plan on getting Halo 3, Fable 2, and possibly Skate

What about the system itself?Can it do anything like get on the internet, store music, ect.
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
Quote by Shredder Guitar
god so many xbox/playstation threads today.

Seriously!

And amen about Skate!

You really should do more research on the consoles. Much quicker than waiting for us to respond.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by Fishyesque
Seriously!

And amen about Skate!

You really should do more research on the consoles. Much quicker than waiting for us to respond.

Yeah, I'm looking on wikipedia, and microsoft.com right now

EDIT: If I get one, what size memory should I get?
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
Quote by zero_123
Yeah, I'm looking on wikipedia, and microsoft.com right now

Anywho, assuming you get it, I hope you enjoy it. It has a great library of games. Feel free to check out gamespot's 360 forums. A lot of good topics discussed there.
If I get XboxLive, how does the time thing work?
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
the system is all about online play. but it does have the best game selection between the three. the PS3 has a built-in blue ray player, while you'll have to spend another $180 for HD with the 360.

but there's NO reason to get Halo 3 if you don't have Xbox Live. if anything, Orange Box would be a better purchase for offline play.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
Quote by zero_123
If I get XboxLive, how does the time thing work?

$50 gets you one year of unlimted play time, with exception to Final Fantasy 12 which charges you a monthly fee because they're an MMO.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
Quote by zero_123

Get a Premium (20GB). The Arcade is a fucking joke and the Elite is overkill for the average gamer.

Anyway, you definitely want to get Call of Duty 4 and Halo 3. Also, Assassin's Creed comes out Tuesday and Mass Effect comes out a week from then. In other words, pick up a 360 now and you will be one very happy person.
Quote by happytimeharry
Get a Premium (20GB). The Arcade is a fucking joke and the Elite is overkill for the average gamer.

Anyway, you definitely want to get Call of Duty 4 and Halo 3. Also, Assassin's Creed comes out Tuesday and Mass Effect comes out a week from then. In other words, pick up a 360 now and you will be one very happy person.

And broke.

Listen, it has Dead Rising. Of course you have to get a 360
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Quote by Fishyesque
And broke.

Yeah...

I just bought CoD, paid off my AC pre-order, and ordered the Limited Edition of Mass Effect online. Never before had I seen a pay check disappear so quickly. Damned November...

Quote by Jersey_Zombie
Listen, it has Dead Rising. Of course you have to get a 360

Unless you have a major zombie fetish *looks around for Smokey Amp* I found that Dead Rising tends to get really repetitive after a bit.
Quote by happytimeharry
Yeah...

I just bought CoD, paid off my AC pre-order, and ordered the Limited Edition of Mass Effect online. Never before had I seen a pay check disappear so quickly. Damned November...

Yeah, I got CoD and paid off AC too.. and I'll probably want to pick up a couple others.. I'm glad I have a half decent job!
An X Box 360 is the ultimate home entertainment device and the online is spectacular
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
I just got live, a wireless adapter, the orange box and a headset. I still want COD:4 , Mario Galaxy, Assassins Creed, and Mass Effect all this month. I hate this November, it drains money so fast.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by 2_Fast_2_Vader
$50 gets you one year of unlimted play time, with exception to Final Fantasy 12 which charges you a monthly fee because they're an MMO.

What I mean is, If I get a subscription in January, but stop playing for 3 months, does that time roll over, or is it gone?
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
Quote by real_québécois
Halo is all but a great game. Ok, it got a nice multiplayer....but games like F.E.A.R. and Gears of War are much more complete and fun. And the best game ever on 360 is Skate. End of the story.

I hate having to say this as this isnt the right thread but I must get it out. Gears of War's MP sucks dick compared to Halo 3.

You have 4 fucking gametypes.
Shitty shotgun in GoW.
Host advantage.
Shitty environments(nondestructable)
Very repetitive gameplay(shotgun, sniper, boom!headshot, etc)
Where the fuck is the party system?

I will stop there. But yes, buy a 360. Get H3, GoW(i dont actually hate it), The orange box, FEAR, and Bioshock.

Then send me a Friend Request.

EDIT: Buy CoD:4 as well.
Quote by zero_123
What I mean is, If I get a subscription in January, but stop playing for 3 months, does that time roll over, or is it gone?

its gone dude but i havent went a few days without playing. Live is all i do i have Halo3 GOW, COD 3, GRAW2, FEAR, RAINBOW 6 and all ive done is multiplayer on em. Im still playin halo2 cos it has the best multiplayer. Downloading demos for free is great, the menu system rules, graphics great with a huge lcd tv, but i spent 900 bucks on everything when essentially the gameplay is the same but microsoft always do that to screw you money wise. Even the wireless controllers are great, but again Microshaft make it tough to put in and out batterys forcing you to buy an expensive recharge kit.