http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Mackie-Onyx-Satellite-Recording-Interface?sku=248154

Considering this.

I have heard problems with it. I heard that it doesnt work well with condensers, and doesnt supply enough phantom power. Also, I'm not sure that my computer has a firewire input, so what could i do about that?

Any other problems, or whatever you've had with this product, let me know.
Well, the obvious solution would be to buy a different interface, or get firewire ports added on to your computer, although this would cost $.
well the firewire cards don't cost much so i would go with that...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815124003

I've heard that interface is good and I know the preamps in it are better than the Line6 units. If you are going though reviews on musicians friend, don't trust them.

Another way to go is with a PreSonus FireBox
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/PreSonus-FIREBOX-24bit96kHz-FireWire-Recording-System?sku=184133

Thats about another $100 but it does have a good rep.
Its a good interface. I don't know how it an interface can inherently not work well with condensers - phantom power means 48 v.... 48 volts is 48 volts, you can't over or under power it (well I suppose it is possible if you want to get into a discussion with me about amperes), but anyways I have yet to hear of an interface not supplying enough phantom power, and I think that would be pretty difficult to do - the interface would have to be horribly engineered and that is simply not the case with the Mackie.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

^Omg - is to for powering the SUp3R condensers that need 12 v more? Lol, thats really odd.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

I have it. I got it cause thrice_removed recommended it, and I am glad he did. I originally got the firebox but its not a desk interface. It doesn't even have a power switch, so you have to unplug it everytime. As for sound, it sounds good, and thats all that I can tell. You can check my profile for stuff I have done on it.
UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06
Donkeyman2341, you are my new god!
the base stays hooked to all your studio gear
and when you want to hit the road with a laptop
or something you can take the interface with you
without unhooking all your studio plugs.

It's a nice setup
I dont use it in 2 pieces at all. But it is kinda nice to know its there if i wanted to. An interface wont really make stuff sound alot better. It really is a combo of everything. I couldnt get decent guitar tracks until I got a real tube guitar amp. And Im still tryin to get better sounds. To get "pro" sounding tracks (not saying mine are) I think you need to learn a bit about mixing and producing. What to track, panning, and EQ make a huge difference in getting that "pro" sound. eh, just my 2 cents.
UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06
Donkeyman2341, you are my new god!