I'm supposed to turn in a 5 page paper tomorrow, and I really need to start writing it, but I just can't start.

I set times for myself, but I keep going past them. Like, earlier I said "I'm going to work on it at 8...but the new Family Guy comes on...I'll do it at 8:30, then." Now it's 9:00 and I'm complaining to UG about how I can't get started. Everytime I'm about to start I go off and do something else.

Please tell ways to keep your concentration on something you need to be doing.
well its 3:00am over here...I've gotta go out in 4 hours, CURSE YOU UG!!!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Don't get distracted? It's not hard, just don't let yourself do other stuff.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Don't worry, I'm on my way to help you write it.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Stop thinking about men.
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
Quote by richrawr
Stop thinking about men.

But it's so hard...

...and it's difficult to stop looking at men!
I've been doing that all day too. I have to write 6 poems for tomorrow and I'm only done 5.. the crappy part is that I have to have rough work for all of them.. but why would I want to make rough work when I could just type one copy? ahahhaah. I suck.
I'm going to start writing it in 3 minutes, and then I'm just going to use typing cheats to make the paper shorter.

OK, now it's 2 minutes.
Quote by sloppyjoe24
What was the family guy about?

Are you looking for a plot in Family Guy? Have you ever seen a Family Guy episode? Looking for a plot in a Family Guy show is like looking for car insurance from a spider plant.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Take one hit of weed. It is actually a good concentration drug.

Worked for me, actually.

Then take 3 more hits after you're done.
When the music's over, turn out the lights.

Quote by pencap
i fingerd my girl the other day she got so wet nearly my entier hand was soked after that i ate her up, she blacked out it was awesome
I forget which drug, speed maybe?, but I read a story about it on erowid.org this kid had a 25 page paper due the next day, he did it in one night thanks to the drug and got an A+. So idk go get drugs I guess.
[IMG]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7971/ugsig7ej.gif[/IMG]
usually, im motivated to excess in school, so i do my homework and stuff easily

maybe u start to think more about school and less about other stuff
I see no sign of fortress.
Quote by RearyGay
I'm supposed to turn in a 5 page paper tomorrow, and I really need to start writing it, but I just can't start.

I set times for myself, but I keep going past them. Like, earlier I said "I'm going to work on it at 8...but the new Family Guy comes on...I'll do it at 8:30, then." Now it's 9:00 and I'm complaining to UG about how I can't get started. Everytime I'm about to start I go off and do something else.

Please tell ways to keep your concentration on something you need to be doing.

I had the same problem, and I'm still like that at times.
Dude theres no shortcuts to doing then DOING IT NOW.

DO IT the moment it crosses your mind. I had the same tendencies
where I would procrastinate till its finally too late.
Go in a place, preferably somewhere quiet w/o t.v, like a library

Say to yourself ''I WILL DO THIS NOW'', firmly hope that helps
Last edited by Boghead at Nov 11, 2007,
I thought that I would jsut let you guys know that I finished my report! I just shut everything off except for the sites I need to cite my info, and I cracked down, and I finished in about 90 minutes. Wasn't too hard.

Thanks for the advice, though out of all of it, I'd have to say that the one about thinking about men worked the best.