OK, ive been told my a local guitar store owner that these things are truly awesome, and with some tweaking (aka some new pups) can equal if not beat an american standard fender. is this true? i have rly played one yet, but that sounded like a bit of a stretch. but this guy has been playing guitar forever sooo. i havent done any research on my own yet, so i decided to ask here first
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
yeah the guy that started fender left and started g & l

lots of people think they're better dont buy the tributes though (they suck)
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
Quote by Sam_Prillaman
yeah the guy that started fender left and started g & l

rly??? wow nifty, why did he leave? jw lol im workin on a paper...kind of...so i cant rly look right now
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
G&L (L = Leo Fender). He knows something about making strats. Also why is it such a surprise they are as good or better than normal american strats? They cost more.
Quote by coinstarp12
G&L (L = Leo Fender). He knows something about making strats. Also why is it such a surprise they are as good or better than normal american strats? They cost more.

oh sorry, im talking about the like $400-500 range guitars
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
I have a G&L Legacy, and beleive me you wont need to change the pups at all, its a great hand made guitar, you can see theres been alot of how do we say....emotion :P in the build ( well just alot of attention)

I say this guitar has a life of its own, it sounds great and i liked it better than the american standard strat ( even though the strat was a few hundred less i beleive)

Lets not forget it has a 10 year warranty :P just to prove the makers beleive its so well made

anyways a great guitar!
but the $400-500$ ones, the tributes, they suck? im kind of afraid to go out on a limb and spend 1000$ on a guitar i cant play before hand, but my local store has the lower ends
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional