As of late, I've noticed the bridge pickup on my old Ibanez has been magnetic. As of now it has the magnetism to hold the string clippings from my new rotosounds. I assume that this is bad

So, I'm curious as to:

1. Why is this happening? It didn't do this before.
2. Is it a really big deal?
3. Low cost solutions? If its going to fuck up the entire bass, and there's no easy solutions, I'll just take it out.

Thanks for your help
Pickups are magnets. If there wasn't any magnetism, you'd be quite SOL.

Off the top of my head, I can think of 3 pickup types - magnetic (traditional), piezoelectric (saddle acoustic pickups), and optical (Lightwave - about as popular as my Chapter 7 blog).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Okay yeah so I said my problem a bit wrong.

The poles are attracting whatever metal object it is, but its also interfering with my sound. I get a noise of some sort whenever it happens.
Take away the magnetism, and you're done. Magnets are part of the pickups....as has already been said.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by IndianRockStar
Okay yeah so I said my problem a bit wrong.

The poles are attracting whatever metal object it is, but its also interfering with my sound. I get a noise of some sort whenever it happens.

Can you be more specific about what happens? You will get a popping sound if the strings make contact with the pole pieces, is that what's happening?
Have you lowered your action (even by pputting on lighter guage strings), raised the pickup or in any way caused the distance between the two to get smaller, so the magnet has a larger effect on the strings?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1