I play metal(pantera, metallica, megadeth, judas priest, etc) and a bit of hard rock(AC/DC, early Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin) and I've got 750$ to spend on a new amp.
However I live in Israel and everything here is damn expensive(1125$ for a goddamn peavey classic 30).

I've tried the fender blues junior and loved the clean channel but I didn't had a chance to crank it and the overdrive was crappy. I'm going to try a Laney VC15, and a Marshall AVT50 soon, but I would like to hear what you guys think about 'em.

Also I'm going to use the amp for my band's practices, a 15 watts tube combo is going to be powerfull enough(crancked obviously)?
Sorry for my lame english.
Thanks in advance.

edit-my gear-
Jackson DXMG, cort g254, AMT du hast, current amp-zoom 30 fire,crybaby from hell
Last edited by Local666Union at Nov 11, 2007,
well idk if 15 watts will be enough, depends on how loud everyone else plays. the AVT isnt that great of an amp. can u save a bit more?
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
How much wold you have to pay for a VC30? That one should cut it with a band, the VC15 might not be loud enough. The AVTs aren't very good, so I advice you to stay away from that one.
I can get a used VC30...I hope
the amp has a good tone?
I watched some youtube vids and I liked the sound.
Check out a used DSL401, dunno how much they're going to be new over there - its going to be more than loud enough and should cover most tones you're looking for.

The Laney is not a bad option either, and go for the 30 watt if you can.

I wouldn't recommend the AVT at all
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK