OK guys, I need a new bass amp. I use an Ibanez SR506 and I'm looking for something good for technical death metal. I've been considering either the Ampeg BA115T(or 115HPT) or the Ashdown Mag C210T 300 considering I'm 14 and kinda have money constraints. Now, I've tried the Ampeg BA115(the same thing minus the tube preamp thing), and I guess it was a little hissy, but I did like the tone. But from what I've heard, the Ashdowns are significantly better, especially for the price. On the other hand, there's nowhere nearby where I can try one. So, if I get one, I'll have to get it "blind". What do you guys think?
I was pretty set on getting an Amped BA115...right up until I tried Ashdown MAG. Now I'm a happy man.
Well the ashdown is great.. but for the long run try saving up the extra money and getting the 4X10 or even the head and cab, give you a lot more punch and last you for a long time rather than having to upgrade.
Ibanez SR505
Yamaha RBX 270
Epiphone G400
Ashdown MAG C410T
VOX AD100VT
Digitech BP200
Yeah that's a good decision.. but depends if you want more punch now for gigs or shows? Or if you plan on doing that later.
Ibanez SR505
Yamaha RBX 270
Epiphone G400
Ashdown MAG C410T
VOX AD100VT
Digitech BP200