The strat quite obviously. Its all about the sound. And if she wants to fix it up a little, parts are easy to find so you can customize it with ease.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Ugh, LP please. The weight gives the tone so much more in the "balls" category. Wait a sec.. you said GF right? Nevermind, go with the strat.
Fender Strat. Great all around guitar, but even better for rock & blues.
Current Rig:
Fender CS Eric Clapton Strat
Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue
Digitech Crossroads Pedal

In the stereo: The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed
idk which id get her, but i would really debate on whether to spend that much money when the relationship might not last.

EDIT: that sounded kinda harsh, but just what i was thinking.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Quote by Shredder Guitar
idk which id get her, but i would really debate on whether to spend that much money when the relationship might not last.

EDIT: that sounded kinda harsh, but just what i was thinking.

Don't worry dude, we're engaged now and stuff, it'll last a long time.
For 'rock and blues', the Strat is better suited, though a coil-split LP beats both.

It's irrelevant anyway, because if you buy an Epiphone online then you're wasting your money. Epiphone have such dodgy quality control, you have to try out the guitar before you buy it, and really you need to try out 12 or 13 Epis before picking out the best one. Epiphone can be great if you're able to do this, but if your only option is buying online or if your local stores don't have a big selection, then you need to stay well clear of all Epis.