Inspired by the "I'm sad" thread. Any stories?

I met a girl in September. I was instantly amazed by her beauty and personality. I asked for her AIM SN and began talking to her. We were really hitting it off and I thought this was something good. Casual friendship ensues for a few weeks, and I asked her out for a movie/dinner. Denied. Actually, she had pre-existing plans, which I now doubt. The next week I asked if she was busy. She was too tired to leave the house. BS. Casual friendship keeps going, however we didnt talk as much anymore and I spent a few nights staying up later than usual(3:00 ish) talking to her. We talked about how much we love talking to each other and all that. We set up a "chill time" to hang out. I figure this as my opportunity. All this week I haven't been getting replies to texts or calls or even IMs. Yesterday I actually caught her on AIM and at her computer.

"Hey no replies from you this week"
Her- "Yeah sorry I've been with Mike like all week."

Let me pause. Mike was my best friend in elementary school and we recently even talked (the girl and I) about how they hung out once and were just friends, nothing serious. I'm totally lost, and I always just think the worst.

Me- "Oh alright, well thats cool I guess."(I sound like a tool)
Her- "Yeah, Mike is awesome."

My heart died.

I really wish girls could just be honest about how they feel about you and not lead you on about anything, aka getting your hopes up. I dont really know any of you here very well, but does anyone have advice for me or a story of your own to share?

Edited: to douche-proof
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Last edited by chuckflan333 at Nov 12, 2007,
You dont love her. Get over it.

EDIT - And now you edited the title to say like a lot.

Good boy.
Last edited by 7daycrisis at Nov 12, 2007,
When I saw the title, I thought this would be about all these lame-ass threads.

I didn't think it would be another one of them.
I read the title of your post and thought....dammit....seriously....but then realised you weren't talking about me....
It happened to me last year. We were talking a bunch on msn, and then she has a boyfriend. I was so bummed.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by 7daycrisis
You dont love her. Get over it.

EDIT - And now you edited the title to say like a lot.

Good boy.

I realize I exaggerated.

I don't love her, you are correct.

I am just looking for some good stories.
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
She didn't really lead you on. Seems to me like you were just looking for something that wasen't there. Obviously she didn't want to start anything serious due to the fact that she didnt want to go out on a date with you. Nevertheless, atleast she's happy.
Quote by Slavik
She didn't really lead you on. Seems to me like you were just looking for something that wasen't there. Obviously she didn't want to start anything serious due to the fact that she didnt want to go out on a date with you. Nevertheless, atleast she's happy.

I guess you are right. Thanks that does make me feel a bit better.

I also realize this thread is a little bit emo.
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Love? You met her like a month ago...

Get over it.

She used up you, then she'll use up your friend and move on out of your life.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by CodySG
Love? You met her like a month ago...

Get over it.

She used up you, then she'll use up your friend and move on out of your life.

Look up.
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Lawl

you spent too much time talking to her in the beginning. not even face to face even....dont be available all the time....people want what they cant have

movie/dinner is way too fancy for a first date, no offense, but my guess is you're the nice guy. You smile way too much and have given her compliments. I used to think it was the way, so you're not alone in that

well my advice is this, treat a girl you like like any other person...tread her like you would treat your best guy friend (keep the fart jokes and such between guy friends though) or even like a little sister. worked well for me anyways...
I really really like that theory Spoon. Thank you.
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Go kick Mike in the nuts, problem solved. /Thread?
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Quote by Dog454
Go kick Mike in the nuts, problem solved. /Thread?

/thread.
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Aw well, girls are bitches. Sympat, man.

Go gay?
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Quote by chuckflan333
I really really like that theory Spoon. Thank you.

Theory? Fool, this is fact
I like your mind?

No homo?
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
I asked an absolutely beautiful girl out last August, I have never seen anyone look that good. Ever.

She invited her friends to the date, was a slutish sort of person, was a smoker, and wouldn't let me pay for her lunch.

I was down, but then realized I saved $7 and downloaded music with it.
I got over it and moved on real fast.
Yeah chicks suck a dick mate seriously exact same thing happened to me last year msn everything was stuck in the freaking "friend zone"
I just thought she was playing hard to get when she said "I have to eat lunch today I cant come out." Talk about having your heart stabbed by a thousand ninja warriors then have the hindenburg crash and explode into it whilst a giant airship carrying salt also exploded and poured its contents in the heaping mess that was your heart.

But ive moved on now thank GOD hotter chicks FTW
You dont need pants for the victory dance!
That happened too me once, I was in love with this girl, and we were great friends, we went out for a DAY and then she dumped me.

It sucked, and now we are like great friends.
Write songs, sell them for millions then write her a letter saying "thanks for breaking my heart, that helped me write songs, now Im rich and where are you?"
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Songs like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2BJ8AdOO34
In the days of my youth
I was told what it was to be a man,
Now Ive reached the age
Ive tried to do all those things the best I can.
No matter how I try,
I find my way to do the same old jam.

*good times, bad times,
You know I had my share;
When my woman left home
With a brown eyed man,
Well, I still dont seem to care.

Sixteen: I fell in love
With a girl as sweet as could be,
Only took a couple of days
Till she was rid of me.
She swore that she would be all mine
And love me till the end,
When I whispered in her ear
I lost another friend.

* chorus

I know what it means to be alone,
I sure do wish I was at home.
I dont care what the neighbors say,
Im gonna love you each and every day.
You can feel the beat within my heart.
Realize, sweet babe, we aintt ever gonna part.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
This has never happened to me before.

Though, I was left by my girlfriend of three years for a homeless scene kid who has no job, no car, but DOES have STDs.

Heheh, well.. she's got the warts now, so she got what she deserved.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
lol wut.

how old are you 13?
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
This is why girls are girls. It's how they are. If you find one that has no BS in it, check again, it's not female. You have to deal with it and get over it. Besides, if you truly did have a large heart for her, you wouldn't let a friend get in the way, especially if she thinks he's just "awesome". Get on the phone, get an un-expected gift, do something.

EDIT: I realized I referred to a girl as an "it". Sorry.
There's a girl I've really, really liked since grade nine. Her name's Jennifer. The problem is, she's really shy. I asked her out, and she said no..but that's alright..I mean, if you like someone, you obviously care about them...and if they're happier without the drama of a relationship..why ruin that?

I'm still friends with Jen, actually, we're very good friends, and I'd say she's one of my best friends.

Sometimes things simply aren't meant to be, but that doesn't mean you can't become great friends.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Happened plenty of times. Meh.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Yeah I know what its like. I spent one saturday with a girl I had liked for a while, and after that I thought I had a real good chance, and I was real happy. Next, weekend I call and talk to her, and she tells me she went to the movies with this random guy I never expected her to do anything with, first time she went with him, and she said they made out most of the movie. She then asked me if I thought she should go out with him, even though she knew I liked her.
What makes it worse is that she goes to my church, which is really small, so I can't avoid her, and has 2 classes with me.

As the saying goes, "So close but so far away", eh?
yea girls can be like that....
i hate it when they sound sooo sincere about their feelings but you still feel they not telling the truth..
and they tell you things but the way they act doesnt mix with what they say....
Quote by *Juno*
falcon punch

Yeh there are a lot of girls who will break your heart, in a proper way not a "they just don't find you attractive, get over it" way. My girlfriend of 17 months dumped me because she "needed to learn to be herself by herself". Boo. Hoo. Then I found this other girl who I liked a lot, and she appeared to like me a lot too, until she just stopped talking to me. The only text I've received from her in the past week was cold as ice, so I guess she's a dead end.

But I'm not bitter about it... ok well maybe I'm quite bitter but I, and you, just need to find a girl that doesn't mess around and who will treat you as well as you treat her. Good luck to ya
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
yea there's always someone better and when you find that perfect person you'll know for sure. as for me i've found mine and i think she's slipping away and i'm not quite certain what i should do about it.
i know the feeling..
Member 2 of I Dont Masturbate Club....Pm X-boy To Join

Quote by shoolocomous
who is this 'soya boy' of which you speak?

Quote by lolcats
You're 15 and don't have a penis yet?

^

RIP GIG 1990-2008
Quote by Jack Off Jill
This has never happened to me before.

Though, I was left by my girlfriend of three years for a homeless scene kid who has no job, no car, but DOES have STDs.

Heheh, well.. she's got the warts now, so she got what she deserved.

getting dumped for a scene hobo?

[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.