Hey,
I have absolute zero pedals so I decided to start saving for some.
I already plan on getting a TS808 (actually, a TS9 that is modded to TS808 specs), or a Fulltone OCD for an overdrive. I was wondering what are the other more important stompboxes every guitarist should have in his rig.
I will be playing with a strat and a peavey classic 50.
I don't like crazy effects like wah, chorus, or flange. I was thinking of getting either a digitech EC crossroads pedal, or a distortion factory, for a more versatile distortion. What are people's opinons on these pedals? Are they overly digital sounding?
What do you think?

Thanks!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Nov 12, 2007,
I like the idea of a distortion factory, if you are just starting to get some. But since they're from Digitech, they are going to be a bit digital sounding, of course. But if you have a tube amp, I think you might be ok. I'm not a pro, but I say think that factory would be a good start. But I'd just try some out, of course.
Sgt. Major--UG 7-string Legion

Guitars:
ESP/ltd. Viper-400 (see-thru black cherry rules)
Schecter Revenger 7
Washburn E/A 9 Festival
Ibanez Gio

Gear:
Peavey 6505+ head and XXX cab
BOSS GT-10
Fender 212R amp
Mesa/Boogie V-Twin
stick to OD pedals. OCD > TS unless u want to use it for the mid hump. then i suggest the Fulldrive.
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Well... bear in mind that i'm already buying either an OCD or a modded TS9.
I was looking at an RP150 and a line6 pocket pod.
Is it true that I can record straight to my computer using a pocket pod? And can I just plug into a speaker cab just using a pod or any pedal without an actual amp? I've heard this from places.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
I don't like crazy effects like wah, chorus, or flange.

Wah isn't crazy...

It's cool
My crazy i mean... it doesn't fit my style of music too well.
I mean... maybe a subtle vox wah or something (I play SRV) would work, but i'd rather have toneshaping pedals before modulation pedals.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
With your amp and OD setup, I think you have overdrive tons well coered. If you're like me, you'll want to round out the distortion lineup of 1 OD, one Fuzz, 1 high-gain distortion (just in case, just for fun, whatever.) I'd say a Russian Big Muff Pi for Fuzz, and either a Metal Muff or Smash Box or something for a hi-gain distortion box. Past that, a nice dely would be good, and perhaps a comp.

If you're really into a Distortion Factory, I'll ship you mine for $80. Pm me.
Hmmm.... not quite sure yet. How did you like it? I'm thinking of going all analog, but if it's pretty real sounding, I may take you up on it.
All right, I was thinking about a linear power boost by electro-harmonix too to put in front of an OD or at the begginning of my planned effects chain.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator