yes yes i know, Malmsteen = guitar

but i love his style...the midevilness of it all

i jsut wanted to know what scales arpegios modes and keys would i want to play/play in to get hte midevil feel?

thanks

Bacon

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Scales: Pentatonic, Natural Minor, Harmonic Minor, Melodic Minor, Blues scale
Arpeggios: Any, but especially Minor and Diminished
Modes: Any, I guess, don't think he's a very modal player.
Keys: Eb minor
harmonic minor
Guitars:
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone SG Goth
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Amps:
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Crate BT-50
Good ol' Wiggy Malmqueen played many bass parts for his songs - why not trying to... ahem... learn his bass lines and see if you can cop the feel from his licks? As good as he is, he's quite a lick player.

Did you know I was at the front of a line to see Malmsteen but my buddy didn't have ID so they wouldn't let us in, so we all decided to leave?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Harmonic Minor is one of his most used, and shows very clearly in many of his songs.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by thefitz
Did you know I was at the front of a line to see Malmsteen but my buddy didn't have ID so they wouldn't let us in, so we all decided to leave?

Lucky you!
Quote by thefitz
Good ol' Wiggy Malmqueen played many bass parts for his songs - why not trying to... ahem... learn his bass lines and see if you can cop the feel from his licks? As good as he is, he's quite a lick player.

its okay, its okay *gives fitz a hug*

does he play by himself, like is it were gonna go see yngwie malmsteen or the band that yngwie malmsteen is in?

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Quote by Narcotics
its okay, its okay *gives fitz a hug*

does he play by himself, like is it were gonna go see yngwie malmsteen or the band that yngwie malmsteen is in?

He was supporting his new album, so he definitely had a band.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Puma89
He is by himself. Like steve vai or satriani.

To some extent...

I had the pleasure of witnessing him live last november (15th to be exact) never forget it, such a great live act, great to watch, and as for his chops.... He has a band, labled as "Yngwie Malmsteens Rising Force" Alot of his stuff with singers is very Power metal orientated, but then his instrumental stuff is completely different.. The singer will clear off the stage and he will do a short little solo with the delay doing some cannon work or some more crazy chops... Then the singer comes back out or whatever....

Awesome live act, if you ever get the chance to see him do it, you will not be dissapointed.... Best stage presence ive ever seen in my opinion....
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
Quote by sheumack111
To some extent...

I had the pleasure of witnessing him live last november (15th to be exact) never forget it, such a great live act, great to watch, and as for his chops.... He has a band, labled as "Yngwie Malmsteens Rising Force" Alot of his stuff with singers is very Power metal orientated, but then his instrumental stuff is completely different.. The singer will clear off the stage and he will do a short little solo with the delay doing some cannon work or some more crazy chops... Then the singer comes back out or whatever....

Awesome live act, if you ever get the chance to see him do it, you will not be dissapointed.... Best stage presence ive ever seen in my opinion....

Wow sounds awesome. I have to go and see him. I usually live in Sweden. And for you who didnt know Malmsteen is Swedish. He often plays at pubs and there is a 18 year restriction then. But now when I'm 18