Can anyone help me get the Death from above tone? i know it somewhat involves a distortion pedal, but im not sure any specifics. anything would be usseful
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
I've got the Digitech BP 80, and after playing around with it, I was able to get the same distortion tone, if you get one, i could explain exactly how to get it, but it sounds great
yep. He uses an old 70's Peavey head and two Acoustic heads, going to a pair of really old paper-cone Traynor 8x10s. For pedals, he uses an older Ibanez SC-10 stereo chorus and a Dunlop Crybaby GCB-90 guitar wah. he uses two basses, a Gibson Grabber and a Rick 4001 rewired to bypass the tone control and neck pickup, so it's all treble and maximum output.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
What these guys said. No distortion pedal in sight. mountaindew88 has listed JFK's complete rig.
*** left some stuff out..........

occasionally he uses Ampeg 8x10s or Marshall cabinets live. The traynors are just for recording I believe, because while they are very dirty, they're only like 400 watts apeach.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
thats pretty much what I have, the fuzz distortion (for those acoustic distroted heads) a crybaby effect, chorus, boosted treble, cut bass and mids a bit, and noise gate to help with muting, its actually the closest you can get to his tone with only 100 bucks, its not exact but it sounds close
If you noticed, his tone isn't that bassy with all that mid and treble, not to mention the use of guitar effects and a Rickenbacker.

Fitz would try to smother him in his sleep for lack of low end.

Although, JK still rocks.
Quote by Charlatan_001
If you noticed, his tone isn't that bassy with all that mid and treble, not to mention the use of guitar effects and a Rickenbacker.

Fitz would try to smother him in his sleep for lack of low end.

Although, JK still rocks.

entirely true, but still its better than most distorted bass tones i've heard
have a rickenbacker.
Get like a 10W amp
distorion pedal
and on high as it can go. lol
Thats how i do it.
Except Rickenbackers SUCK!
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-