To hang out with a musician (not necessarily guitarist), who would it be?
like, just to hang out, play guitar, watch movies, just cruise around. Or whatever.
I would like to spend the day with SRV or Jimi. Possibly to avert their deaths (keep SRV offa choppers, and keep jimi off the drugs), or just because I respect them so much as musicians.
Post!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I'd go fishing with Les Claypool.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Flea. It would be awesome! or maybe Gordon Downie ('cause I've already met him)
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
Dave mustiane or dime or randy rhoads.

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Last edited by mohawkkidJohn at Nov 12, 2007,
Jam with Froosh all day long.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Eric Johnson. and get him to crit my sound.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Maynard James Keenan. That'd be ****ed up
Quote by Vermintide
I love getting hit in the balls.

Sometimes, I masturbate while imagining my girlfriend is ramming her knee up into my precious orbs. It turns me on so much.

Actually, that's not true. I don't have a girlfriend
Ian Curtis or John Coltrane
Quote by GlamSpam

I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born:
Evh.
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
Quote by darkarbiter7
To hang out with a musician (not necessarily guitarist), who would it be?
like, just to hang out, play guitar, watch movies, just cruise around. Or whatever.
I would like to spend the day with SRV or Jimi. Possibly to avert their deaths (keep SRV offa choppers, and keep jimi off the drugs), or just because I respect them so much as musicians.
Post!

You're kidding about "keeping Jimi off drugs" right?

Jimi said himself that his music was a combination of "Earth" which was the RnB, Rock n Roll influences that he grew up loving. "Space" was the psychadelic, drug induced other half- his lyrics he wrote, and most of his great riffs were attributed to acid, speed and marijuana use. Plus- he died of an overdose of sleeping pills and alcohol by choking on his vomit..that has nothing to do with drugs. Drug free musicians suck. Jimi would have sucked without drugs.

I would hang out with Jimi, Noel, Mitch, and do a bunch of drugs with them.
Or
I'd pick one of the other 5000 artists I love from the sixties and do drugs with them. Then I would ask for some guitar tips.
Quote by BennyStruggle

Jimi said himself that his music was a combination of "Earth" which was the RnB, Rock n Roll influences that he grew up loving. "Space" was the psychadelic, drug induced other half- his lyrics he wrote, and most of his great riffs were attributed to acid, speed and marijuana use. Plus- he died of an overdose of sleeping pills and alcohol by choking on his vomit..that has nothing to do with drugs. Drug free musicians suck. Jimi would have sucked without drugs.

Or
I'd pick one of the other 5000 artists I love from the sixties and do drugs with them. Then I would ask for some guitar tips.

I am speechless.

I dunno, I think I'd hang out with John Petrucci. Mainly so he could give me free guitar lessons.
Either Chris Cornell, Roy Khan, Geoff Tate, or Kim Thayil.

They all rule.
Last edited by koolfoolinapool at Nov 10, 2008,
John Lennon.
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
Django Reinhardt. What a legend. Of course, he would have to speak English first. But, jus to take a lesson from him....God, that would change my guitar playing drastically.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Serj Tankian or Daron Malakian, hard to tell which would be more fun to be with.
Oppression, quiet and Repressed
Swept under the seams
the bed of the acquiesced
where we sleep, insomniac dreams
Quote by BennyStruggle

Or

Sorry, i should of made it more clear.
I kind of meant to prevent him from overdosing on sleeping pills at the time of his death.
I didn't mean it to have him completely off drugs, just to prevent him from ODing before he died.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Sorry, i should of made it more clear.
I kind of meant to prevent him from overdosing on sleeping pills at the time of his death.
I didn't mean it to have him completely off drugs, just to prevent him from ODing before he died.

ah! Nice man. I misinterpretted you and thought you were one of those VERY annoying people that condemns drugs and acts like its their business what other people do.

Sorry bro, I agree in that, just rolling him on his side woulda been enough.
jym? and maybe some eat some doughnuts...

seriously, eric jhonson... and make him help me pick out some chea, good sounding stuff...
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

Quote by BennyStruggle

Or

That's retarded. The pills he died of were either uppers or downers. If they were uppers, then he overdosed on them because he wanted to be speeding.. If he died from the downers, he only took downers so he could combat the uppers. Therefore, he died of drug use either way. Secondly, alcohol is a drug..

Thirdly, saying he wouldn't be what he was without the drugs is like taking all credit away from the man. He was a damn good player before he was given all kinds of drugs. Sure, he got high before he was famous, but he didn't use anywhere near as many, or the same drugs. Do you people ever stop to think that maybe Jimi, and the Beatles, and so on and so forth, weren't necessarily inspired by the drug use, and instead inspired by the people who they were around when they were ON drugs? They were hanging out with a lot of poets, musicians, and artists...

Also, when saying musicians who don't use drugs suck.. That's just downright stupid. Look at Frank Zappa. That man could play circles around most people.. Or how about The Mars Volta, who are no longer using? I don't use drugs, and I'm a million times more creative, active, and a better musician than plenty of people I know who ARE on drugs. I know one guy who does more drugs than anyone I know, and I can play, and write circles around him. He's also a waste of skin loser who does nothing with himself. And what will you say to that? That I'm blaming that on the drugs, and that's stupid? Oh wow, guess what.. It's the same thing as giving the credit to talent based on the musicians drug use.

You fail.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I think I'd hang out with James Hetfield.. we could go hunting or something. I dunno. It'd be fun, cos he's cool. I mean hell, I'd prefer to hang in the studio with him but y'know.

I could totally do backing vocals on the new album.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Either John Petrucci or Mike Portnoy
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

John Lennon.

Then again, I would probably end up having to be around Yoko... so... Johnny Cash... imagine how many songs you would hear.
^Oh yeah, Johnny cash.

And also, please note that I would only want to PREVENT Jimi from overdosing before he died, or atleast prevent him from dying.
Just to clear up the confusion.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
^Oh yeah, Johnny cash.

And also, please note that I would only want to PREVENT Jimi from overdosing before he died, or atleast prevent him from dying.
Just to clear up the confusion.

I understand that. I just think his response to your post was stupid. I wasn't defending your post, I was saying his post was stupid.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.