We'll I'm thinking about replacing my seymour duncan invader (Humbucker). I really like seymour duncans and am deciding between the '59 or the JB Model. I play classic rock, blues, and a little metal. Any suggestions?
Last edited by jordy-77 at Nov 12, 2007,
What kind of strat is it?
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
How much metal, and do you have any other guitars?

And what is your amp?

And, what do you find missing in your sound, what more do you want?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
We'll i rarely play any and if i do its metallica, but I have a mesa/boogie f-50. And a les paul for the heavier stuff. I find its far to crunchy and I want a smoother and more classic rock sound.
Quote by jordy-77
We'll i rarely play any and if i do its metallica, but I have a mesa/boogie f-50. And a les paul for the heavier stuff. I find its far to crunchy and I want a smoother and more classic rock sound.

Your problem with crunch is probably that you're using the bridge pickup. Switch to the middle or neck, and roll the tone down a bit. Maybe take some mids out of your EQ on the amp. If it's still missing some, give CorduroyEW a PM, he made me a really really nice set of pickups, and were exactly what I wanted.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

thanks, yah i do use the bridge but when i switch to the middle its too tangy/ countryish, and I'm trying to decide between the jb model or the 59'
Quote by jordy-77
thanks, yah i do use the bridge but when i switch to the middle its too tangy/ countryish, and I'm trying to decide between the jb model or the 59'

The tone knobs take away the twang and country, that's why they're there.

I've never tried either of those pickups(thoroughly), but I hear that the JB is way too trebly, and the 59' is all right.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

the jb is pretty much the sound of the 80s. its nicer than people give it credit for. the secret is in the adjustable pole pieces. the 59 is great, just make sure your amp has the gain on tap.
^yea. i'd say part of the 70's too. I want some kind of a Les Paul loaded with a Seth Lover and a JB from seymour duncan.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
^yea. i'd say part of the 70's too. I want some kind of a Les Paul loaded with a Seth Lover and a JB from seymour duncan.

i think anyone doing any sort of serious recording should have it lying around in one of their guitars. the jb has lasted this long for a reason.
the seth lovers are pretty nice as well. even with all the handwounds and what have you, i still like to keep a few of seymour's stuff around. he made some classics IMO.
i kinda liked the fact that Joe Perry uses/used seth lovers and JBs. haha.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard