Like almost everyone else, I'm looking for a new guitar and want some advice. However, unlike most people here I'm a 5ft tall woman with rather small hands.

Currently I'm playing a (semi-broken) squier and don't have any problems, but I've tried a friend's les paul and can only reach the low E string with 2 of my fingers.

I play mostly metal and am looking for something in the $500-$700US range that will sound good without having to upgrade any components. Also, I started out playing classical guitar as a kid and would something that is comfortable to play sitting in a semi-classical position. (My arms are shorter than your average 6ft guy so it also makes things easier to reach.)

Any advice would be helpful.
Ibanez make really small necks, try those. The S series should be nice and comfy because of the thin body.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
i suggest you go to a local music store and try out Ibanez.
There known for having really thin guitar necks.
ibanez. definately.
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
I have no clue why everyone suggests Ibanez guitars for these cases, they really dont have smaller necks, they are just flattened. Brands to avoid would probably be Fender/Squier, Gibson/Epiphone, Schecter. I would try out some ESP guitars, they are known to be great for metal and have good necks for people who prefer Fender style necks. A Jackson would fall into the same category as an Ibanez neck-wise.

My only suggestions beyond that would be just go for a Telecaster or a Strat, they CAN play metal if your amp can, and they will sound good doing it. If its comfortable for you, just get it, it doesnt matter what guitar you have as much as you think.
Gear:
Carvin Bolt-T -> Line 6 DL-4 -> Danelectro Fish and Chips -> Homemade Fuzz -> Epiphone Valve Junior Combo -> Amplitube and Guitar Rig.
Quote by franc0ph0bic
I have no clue why everyone suggests Ibanez guitars for these cases, they really dont have smaller necks, they are just flattened. Brands to avoid would probably be Fender/Squier, Gibson/Epiphone, Schecter. I would try out some ESP guitars, they are known to be great for metal and have good necks for people who prefer Fender style necks. A Jackson would fall into the same category as an Ibanez neck-wise.

My only suggestions beyond that would be just go for a Telecaster or a Strat, they CAN play metal if your amp can, and they will sound good doing it. If its comfortable for you, just get it, it doesnt matter what guitar you have as much as you think.

I would not suggest an ESP,unless you actually try it out first.

I own both an ESP and an Ibanez and the ESP neck is allot bigger then the Ibanez
Quote by crzywhiteboy
I would not suggest an ESP,unless you actually try it out first.

I own both an ESP and an Ibanez and the ESP neck is allot bigger then the Ibanez

+1, i find the same to be true.

to TS, just go to the guitar store and try out guitars, as long as you get a solidbody guitar it'll be great for metal, you can always switch pickups. what's more important is that it feels good to you. most of your sound comes from your amp, anyway.