I just borrowed my friend's bass because I wanted to take a little break from guitar and dabble in bass. I've never played a bass before so I'm wondering if you guys could point me towards some good tutorials or give me some beginner's advice. Anything would be appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT: I'm mostly looking for advice on how to correctly pick with my fingers
Last edited by JD Red LP at Nov 12, 2007,
Step #1: Learn some Classical Thump by Victor Wooten.

If only it were that easy.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender HM Strat
Mesa/Boogie 1987 Mark III
Peavey Classic Chorus 130
Boss GT-8
Robert Keeley TS9DX Flexi-4X2
well im a complete noob, but i watched a video that said you should rest your thumb on the neck pickup (if you have a jazz bass or similar) and then 'walk' with your index and middle fingers. <----- i sorta made up the index and middle finger part, but it's what i've seen bass players do.
Listen to The Sounds Inside
John Frusciante
Quote by scarecr0w
well im a complete noob, but i watched a video that said you should rest your thumb on the neck pickup (if you have a jazz bass or similar) and then 'walk' with your index and middle fingers. <----- i sorta made up the index and middle finger part, but it's what i've seen bass players do.

I've been working on that but it feels really awkward. I keep wanting to play it like I'm finger picking and acoustic guitar, would that be bad technique?