I want a $300-400 Guitar for Drop C tuned Metal and thats it. I have my Epiphone for Classic rock and my Ibanez for everything else(Its the most versitile guitar I've ever played)

But!

1. My Les Paul is literally is awful for playing metal (awful fret access, THICK neck, no FR) but it works for Classic Rock and Blues, so Thats what I use it for.

2. My Ibanez I use for Everything really, and it has awesome cleans. But If I want to change tunings, it takes around 35 minutes to do it. I love the neck, and

So, all I would use this for is Drop Tuned Metal to play stuff like Bodom, Trivium, A7X, Metallica, ETC...

It doesn't have to be Versatile at all, because its just for Metal.

Opinions, I know its somewhat overpriced, but I can negotiate well.

ok i see you only want it for drop C...
yea its a good guitar, the 600 is better though
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by Guitarplaya27
ok i see you only want it for drop C...
yea its a good guitar, the 600 is better though
The 600 is also $600 more though, and I don't have a job.
I think you would love it, aside from maybe the pickup, I believe its an EMG-HZ Passive, I personally find them a bit useless, try it out and see what you think? Aside from that its a solid bit of kit.
Diezel, Motherfucker
Honestly, I would not bother buying a guitar like that just yet.
Assuming the only gear you have is listed in your signature, I would invest in a better amp.
If your going to play metal a valve jr or MG15 just won't do sir.

Also, V's are very hard to play with sitting down. Play it a lot before you buy it.
I bought a V on a whim and I ended up hating the guitar- the sound is great but they're just a bit uncomfortable for some to play.

myspace.com/weasheroesband
Hey man, I have a white one my self; I got it for 900 off ebay brand new. I'm australian btw.

I love it, sound, even though it only has one pickup and one volume control It's great. I use it for standard mostly but knowing it's Alexi's model it'd go well in dropped C as well. If I was you I'd get it ; )

Great sound, play and is comfortable to sit and stand playing it.
First of all, I would stay away from those guitars. Overpriced, crappy pickups, not so good access to the really high frets... especially the 200, which has lower quality wood and hardware.

Second, look into a better amp to use with your Ibanez for metal instead. For that money, you can get yourself a nice Roland Cube 60 or a Vox AD30VT-XL. Both great amps for the money, especially for metal. Trust me, it will be a much better investment.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee

Second, look into a better amp to use with your Ibanez for metal instead. For that money, you can get yourself a nice Roland Cube 60 or a Vox AD30VT-XL. Both great amps for the money, especially for metal. Trust me, it will be a much better investment.

Why dont you have one of those amps then....?
Diezel, Motherfucker
Definitely buy a new amp.

That guitar has pretty much crappy everything across the board .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
You can't really get a good V in that price range. I'd hate to be playing that bolt-on shiz. I agree with those who say get an amp. Then get a job and save up for a Randy Rhoads if you want a V.
Don't buy it, it's worthless, I've played it many times.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
Quote by mh400nt
Why dont you have one of those amps then....?

Because that Spider was the second amp I ever bought, second to the Squire 10w that came with my very first guitar. At the time that I bought it I was still very inexperienced, especially with what's good and what's not. My guitar teacher advised against it, but I liked the sound so much, not having tried much else, that I ignored him. Now that I've played through many different amps I know that it was a mistake. I absolutely hate the sound of my amp now. But I have no money to buy a new one.
Quote by fixationdarknes
You can't really get a good V in that price range. I'd hate to be playing that bolt-on shiz. I agree with those who say get an amp. Then get a job and save up for a Randy Rhoads if you want a V.

Bolt-on shiz? Way to bash what is argueably the most intelligent and practical innovation in guitar construction of the 20th century.

Buy the guitar. Then get a nicer amp for xmas!
NO! That LFR is crap!!
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Bolt-on shiz? Way to bash what is argueably the most intelligent and practical innovation in guitar construction of the 20th century.

Excuse me, but I do have freedom of opinion. Bolt-ons generally provide lousy upper fret access and in my opinion make a guitar look a lot uglier. It's not a mystery why most high-end "metal" guitars are made with through/set necks.
Nah, just get a new amp. Nothing's going to do good metal through those amps.
You're right, that's an opinion. I was offering my own.

It might be because most well-known metal players don't have to care about repairing, rebuilding, replacing, or modifying their own guitars. They have a guy and a bank roll for that, I don't.

Yes, there are bolt-ons with joints that some find uncomfortable, (the Strat gets ragged on for this) but there are some bold ons with excellent joints and fret access. In my opinion, it's either bolt on for utility and servicability, or it's neck-through for sustain, access, and comfort.

I was trying to point out that the invention of the bolt on neck made guitar production (and service) much more affordable and efficient.
Thanks for your opinion. I know that bolt-ons have advantages; I never denied that...I merely emphasized their weaknesses compared to thru/set necks.

Anyway, my point was that you made it seem as if disliking bolt-ons is a sin in the world of guitars. I'm sure e-communication isn't always very clear though. *shrug*
No worries, mate. We'd probably do better talking about this kinda stuff over a beer than the internet. It's a good discussion, but I think we're in the wrong thread anyway.

Regardless,
Quote by mafropetee
you can get yourself a nice Roland Cube 60 or a Vox AD30VT-XL. B
No!

When I'm getting my new amp, I am not going Solid state unless its a Randall.

I'm sure a VJ will do metal with a Pedal anyways.
Quote by think11270
Honestly, I would not bother buying a guitar like that just yet.
Assuming the only gear you have is listed in your signature, I would invest in a better amp.
If your going to play metal a valve jr or MG15 just won't do sir.

Also, V's are very hard to play with sitting down. Play it a lot before you buy it.
I bought a V on a whim and I ended up hating the guitar- the sound is great but they're just a bit uncomfortable for some to play.

Piece of piss to play sat down, i just sit the V in my leg and play like that, not uncomfortable at all
Quote by .arkness:.
I see my guitar as a chick because I'd be damned if i were ever holding / fingering a guy for hours a day.

I lulzed.
Quote by FRDesign
No!

When I'm getting my new amp, I am not going Solid state unless its a Randall.

I'm sure a VJ will do metal with a Pedal anyways.

You would be better of with an Ibanez Valbee instead, much better to have an amp that will do high-gain stuff on it's own rather than adding pedals.
Last edited by Guitarmike123 at Nov 13, 2007,
Really. You don't need a new guitar. AT LEAST save that money for christmas so that you can get an even better amp than what you were originally going to get. Or save it up for a better guitar, because in that price range, not much can beat an RG350, especially if you already have one. Save up for a good Jackson, like the RR3. Or a DKMG, if you like EMG's. Heck, a Schecter C-1 FR would be a much better choice than that Alexi 200. Or any Alexi, IMO.
Quote by Guitarmike123
You would be better of with an Ibanez Valbee instead, much better to have an amp that will do high-gain stuff on it's own rather than adding pedals.

Mabye I will save up for a used 5150 combo.

But I don't play Metal THAT much, Thats why I really want a JCM800. Classic Rock and Trash metal, and with an OD, you can get some pretty hard stuff