I'm planning to get a new guitar, a better one compared to my previous guitar. I was thinking of an epiphone les paul custom.

However, something confused me. When I called they said that the epiphone they sold was a copy, not original, made in China. What's the difference compared to an original epiphone les paul, besides warranty.

How does a les paul custom differ from a lp standard?
Then don't buy it.

I think 1-2 years ago, it was ridiculously rare to find a white epi custom. Now they're everywhere. Reason? They moved factory from Korea, to China, and those things are junk imo.

Don't buy a copy, just don't do it.

The difference electronically, i'm not to sure, It just has gold parts and is more boxy shaped, more 3d if ya know what i mean, bit heavier too
but isn't epiphone supposed to control the quality of their products? If that's the case, then where do the originals come from?
i own an epi LP custom.
and i know how everyone says they are crap
but personally, i love the guitar i own.
no matter what anyone says, it won't change the fact that i love this guitar. to me, its not what it says on the headstock, it's what you like.

but thats just what i think.

as i've heard before.
with epiphones, there are so many that are bad quality and few that are good quality, i think i picked a good quality one.
If it's made by Epiphone in thier factory no matter where it is how can it be a copy? I hear the Korean guitars are/were better but I have an Epi V that's made in China and it's great. I love it and wouldn't trade it for any other Epi V. I don't think Epi has as good a say so/quality control in China as they had in South Korea. I am sure they go over each and everyone when it get here though. I alway hear Epis QC is one of the best out there and a lot of what is made in China is set up here in the states.

Right now China is making almost everything we buy because it's the cheapest cost. Not long ago Korea was the place to get stuff made because the costs were low, everyone said all the stuff from there was crap. Now they would rather have a Korean made guitar over one made in China. China is the king of the knockoff because there are no laws stopping them from making copies the only laws are here in the states. How many of you have seen the cheap high end knock off womans pocket books and all those fake Rolex watches all made in China! It's no wonder they jumped on the guitar market with the cost of a Les Paul or USA Strat they can make a copy for pennies on the dollar some look good some don't but be sure they are working on making a perfect copy. Don't be surprised when Guitars start getting made in Veit Nam they are trying to get a place in the market.

Now there have been a lot of counterfit guitars coming out of China complete with the correct paper work and packaging those are copies and I wouldn't buy one at all but it's hard to tell if your not familiar with the little details.

I say go to the store play the guitar if they have a few play the others and see if you like it.

John
Its not a copy thats where all epiphones are made now. They were made in korea because of the cheap labor now they are made in china. They havent been made here in a long time. A copy would be if some other company makes a knock off of one. There quality varies unfortunatly. There are good ones and not so good ones. If your going to get one go to a music store then you can look it over before buying. Make sure the fret board is straight thats the biggest problem Ive seen with the bad ones. As long as you not getting one of the supper cheap ones with a bolt on neck the hardware etc is pretty good. I have a standard model and dont have any problems with it. Its the guitar I like to play the most.
Quote by Tackleberry
Its not a copy thats where all epiphones are made now. They were made in korea because of the cheap labor now they are made in china. They havent been made here in a long time. A copy would be if some other company makes a knock off of one. There quality varies unfortunatly. There are good ones and not so good ones. If your going to get one go to a music store then you can look it over before buying. Make sure the fret board is straight thats the biggest problem Ive seen with the bad ones. As long as you not getting one of the supper cheap ones with a bolt on neck the hardware etc is pretty good. I have a standard model and dont have any problems with it. Its the guitar I like to play the most.

1) Epis are still made in Korea. The lower-range (Studio and below) are made in China and Indonesia, as they always have been.
2) Whether the neck is bolt-on or not is irrelevant to the quality of the guitar. All production Epis (Junior, Special-II, 100, Studio, Standard, Custom, Ultra, Black Beauty, Plus top variations, Goldtop) use the same hardware, with the majority using the same pickups - yes that's right, the hardware and pickups on the Customs and so on are no different to the hardware used on the crappy little Juniors. So why the huge price difference? It's all in the wood, not the hardware.
3) As far as the necks go, Epiphone's bolt on necks will give you better high fret access than their set necks, and whether or not a bolt-on will carry more or less sustain than a set neck is debatable, and generally it comes right down to the specific guitar in question. As such, do not entirely write off their bolt-on necks, as they are just as good really as their set necks, neither is consistently better than the other (the same applies to most elements of Epiphone guitars). That said, the guitars Epi make with bolt-on construction tend to be made of far lower grade wood, so it's rarely worth looking at them anyway.
they arent made in korea anymore
that factory has gone
and is now in china.
yes
this is a fact
i am sure of it.
read it in a timeline in an epiphone book.
Quote by bokuho
1) Epis are still made in Korea. The lower-range (Studio and below) are made in China and Indonesia, as they always have been.

I played the Standard two days ago, it said made in china on it.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
My bro has an epi custom, and i find the pickups really bland. I'm used to singles though, so that might be part of it.
As far as playability goes its fine. I don't know where is was made.
Listen to The Sounds Inside
John Frusciante