Nope. The Valvetronix amps are nicer than most SS amps. Plus you don't need 120 watts, or a half-stack. You can do much better than that. How much money do you have available to spend and what kind of music do you play?

Edit: It's about $600, right? (I can't open Musicians Friend - my connection is slow so I can only open some sites) For that kind of money, get the Randall RG50TC combo or a used Peavey 5150 if you're into metal and stuff like that.
Last edited by Denthúl at Nov 12, 2007,
Sound-wise its probably abit better, but I think for the price, you could get a better tube amp, especially if you go used.

What sort of genre do you play? I assume hard rock/metal

Also, does it have to be a half-stack? you could get alot more for your money if you get a combo.
Quote by Denthúl
Nope. The Valvetronix amps are nicer than most SS amps. Plus you don't need 120 watts, or a half-stack. You can do much better than that. How much money do you have available to spend and what kind of music do you play?

im thinkin around 500 - 700$ and i play alot of high gain metal stuff, and some classic rock but not very often.

and nope doest need to be half stack, i just want something with better tone / sound quality.
Quote by Azrael`
im thinkin around 500 - 700$ and i play alot of high gain metal stuff, and some classic rock but not very often.

and nope doest need to be half stack, i just want something with better tone / sound quality.

Alright. Read the edited part of my post for suggestions
Quote by Denthúl
Alright. Read the edited part of my post for suggestions

haha kk
I agree with the used 5150 combo, in your price range, great amp for metal and other high-gained stuff.
Quote by Hakanku
I agree with the used 5150 combo, in your price range, great amp for metal and other high-gained stuff.

care to give me a link for the 5150 cant find it on musicians friend

oh btw found a very good condition Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 on my local craigs list for 450$, would that be any good ? i heard Mgs were really unreliable
No. Don't get the MG!

Also, you won't find the 5150 on Musicians Friend. To get one new, you need to look for a 6505 (same amp, different name) but it would be out of your price range. Check Craigslist and eBay for 5150s, or look into that Randall RG50TC