I have seen 2 people play acoustic guitars,but they seem to be playing at different frets.
Are they playing the same chords?
Thanks a lot for your help. I appreciate it.
one of them could be plyaing the open chords, and the other one the barre chords
They are probobly playing it in a different key, say if one person is playing it around the first 3 frets and the other person is around the 5th they are playing it in a differnt key. This usually requires a capo.

Hope this helps!
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
They may be playing different chord voicings to give a fuller sound or they may be playing harmony parts it really depends what sort of thing they were playing, where did you see it and can you show us?

Quote by FMNStratGuy
They are probobly playing it in a different key, say if one person is playing it around the first 3 frets and the other person is around the 5th they are playing it in a differnt key. This usually requires a capo.

Hope this helps!

I can almost guarantee you they were playing in the same key; generally speaking if people are playing in different keys it sounds really, really bad.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by serena87
I have seen 2 people play acoustic guitars,but they seem to be playing at different frets.
Are they playing the same chords?
Thanks a lot for your help. I appreciate it.

One could be playing chords and the other could be playing a lead line, they could be playing complementary chords, or they could simply be playing the same chord different ways.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Thanks for the feedback guys.
Does playing the same chords in different ways make any difference?
They still sound the same because it is the same chord right?
I saw this when avril and evan play the guitar. avril seems to play the normal chords in the 1st few frets,while evan plays other chords further up the fretboard.
It will sound a little different depending on the chord voicing you are using.

Any barre chord based on an E major or minor shape will sound different because the 3rd is an octave higher than your usual G or C open chord. It's still the same notes making the chord, but they may be an octave higher. It just mainly has to do with the intervals a guitar is tuned in and how to find comfortable ways to chord based on that. You can make a triad comprising of the root, third and fifth and play basically any major/minor chord anywhere on the neck you can finger it. But, it won't have the sonic depth or clarity that most people look for in chord voicings.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless