Right now I have a razorback I just purchased new for $600 with dimebuckers and I am running it through a Randall RX120RHS (A randall 120 watt halfstack) and I have a noise suppressor and grunge pedal. My grunge pedal is some digitech pedal that I can get an okay tone out of but I want something better, I like the tone of like Trivium and stuff that is similar.

Suggestions to get the best sound/what would be a better distortion pedal?
EHX Metal Muff

But I'm not sure if it will get you there. I don't know what your amp is like, though, so I cannot really say.
^ No, just No.

TBH I think the distortion channel on your amp is going to be better than a cheap distortion pedal.

But, if your willing to spend abit, a jekyll and hyde is a good distortion/overdrive pedal, 2 in 1.

Overdrive for a lighter (imo) better sorta sound, distortion for...well distortion. And you can kick both in for a real thick heavy sound, but gain has to be turned down off of both abit, otherwise its too much and it feebacks.

MI Audio Crunchbox is quite nice, cheapish as well, but im not sure if it can do trivium etc, its a crunch (not that you wouldnt have guessed through the name) like british sorta tone, ala marshall etc.
Quote by Denthúl
EHX Metal Muff

But I'm not sure if it will get you there. I don't know what your amp is like, though, so I cannot really say.

+1

Best. Metal. Pedal. Period.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
+1

Best. Metal. Pedal. Period.

Uhm no. Definitely there are better out there. Metal muff is just the best of its price. Try the Sansamp GT-2
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

I just ordered a razorback...hasn't came in yet. how do you like it?
funny, because I have a digitech grunge pedal also .
I'm saving up for the Digitech distortion factory pedal.
Quote by continental
I just ordered a razorback...hasn't came in yet. how do you like it?
funny, because I have a digitech grunge pedal also .
I'm saving up for the Digitech distortion factory pedal.

looks pretty awesome in person, did you get the one on sale on musicans friend for 600 or a different one?