Hey guys, anybody know a descent 3d model program thats free and relativley easy to pick up?

Help apreciated
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Theres none I know of thats free, unless you get a torrent. Carrara Pro is relatively user-friendly, or Maya, or 3D Studio Max.
Quote by GoobaSun
so i just pulled my shirt up and there was brown stuff looking like boogers coming out of my belly button, I picked a piece and took a whiff...it smells like shitttttttttt! wtf is happening to me?

www.myspace.com/heroesbefore
Quote by ThunderFingers
Theres none I know of thats free, unless you get a torrent. Carrara Pro is relatively user-friendly, or Maya, or 3D Studio Max.

Blender's free, isn't it?
Yea, but it sucks lol.

But yeah, try blender if you want a free one, and enjoy being legal.
Quote by GoobaSun
so i just pulled my shirt up and there was brown stuff looking like boogers coming out of my belly button, I picked a piece and took a whiff...it smells like shitttttttttt! wtf is happening to me?

Quote by ThunderFingers
Yea, but it sucks lol.

blender does not man, its just about as powerfull as the leading programs.

its just a little hard to learn and get used to, but very easy once u know the basics.
Quote by zappp
Sammi-Ellen is my australian (wish i had aborted) daughter!!
^
Nah, I know its good, its perfect for home users, but its not used in the industry, so I've never really used it.
Quote by GoobaSun

blender and anim8or are both free. Blender has nice capabilities whereas anim8or is fairly crap.

if you intend to get into the industry then you'll have to fork out a fair bit for some software.

However, if you are just getting into it as a hobby, there is such a wide range of software out there that you could avoid paying as much as the top level packages for something that fits your needs. Have a look at programs such as Hash Animation:Master.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by The_Foo_Fighter
maya is a complete bitch

get 3d max

i have to agree, maya is for the liked of pixar, ILM etc , not the average joe
Blender is amazing and quite powerful for a freebie.

Anyone who says it "sucks" simply does not know anything about modeling Apps.

I've used 3DS, Maya, Bryce, and Blender. Blender is by far the easiest to just download and start learning right away, and its open source with a huge devoted community that puts out new builds and tutorials frequently.

Plus, its FREEEEEEE!
I downloaded a .exe once, opened it, and it pretty much nailed my computer, and yes, by nailed I mean, got it's **** out and shoved it in my computers ass.
try blender, it doesnt suck...check some of my work ive done in it, not the best...but its good for being free, and its under 10MB

http://flickr.com/photos/polypusher/

the interface is hard to work out at first but one you get use to it (keep one hand on keyboard, one hand on the mouse!) youll be modeling pretty fast
hey

thanks, i know there are some places that need work..but im impressed with blender, it took roughly 50-58 seconds to render those ferrari images and composite vector blur and PP :P
Quote by thesimo
not pimpin the work, pimpin the tool :P

if u do better work the tool will be better pimped.

im not dissin 3ds max, i wish i had it, i know thats what i need to learn to get in the industry, its just that blender can create almost equally as good work.
Quote by zappp
Sammi-Ellen is my australian (wish i had aborted) daughter!!
thats a pretty good looking model. looks clean!

max is probably better than blender, after all it cost x2000+ more than blender, its been around for a decade or two...

but he is best off downloading blender legally and learning the basics of 3D, than illegal downloading max!

::its what the artist using the tool can produce...people have made better work than mine in far more primitive software