I am thinking of buying a Ibanez 7 String, And I was wondering can I drop the first six strings to CGCFAD and leave out the high E string?
What do you mean by "leave out the high E string" ? Sure, you can drop to C. I haven't dropped to C with my 7-string before, but it's doable.
Last edited by Guitarmiester at Nov 12, 2007,
why wouldnt you just get a baritone guitar instead?.. why would you want a 7 string guitar with only 6 strings?
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Look on youtube.com- search "rediculously hard classical **** that no one in their right mind would try" and you'll find some 5 year old asian kids playing it
why buy a 7-string if you are only going to use 6 on it? u'd might as well just buy a 6-string and put thicker strings on it if you are tuning down
There really is no point getting a 7 string if you're tuning the lowest to a C string. That'd be down 5 and a half steps from the standard B string.
Last edited by Shiruyumi at Nov 12, 2007,
I don't understand what you're saying? You want to use the 7-string as a 6 and 7-string guitar... it's a 7-string. You'll be able to use it as both with all 7-strings in tact. Or, am I missing something?
From what he's saying he wants to tune the BEADGB to a CGCFAD and not play the high E string.

PS, nice icon, love Dream Theater
Quote by Shiruyumi
From what he's saying he wants to tune the BEADGB to a CGCFAD and not play the high E string.

PS, nice icon, love Dream Theater

Yeah, Thats correct

But I am also gonna use all seven strings to play stuff like Unearth, Korn and Chimaira, Because I am probably gonna end up throwing the guitar i have now in the trash because its falling apart so i wanna use the 7 strings for both 6 and 7 string stuff
Quote by KaneIsRaw13
Yeah, Thats correct

But I am also gonna use all seven strings to play stuff like Unearth, Korn and Chimaira, Because I am probably gonna end up throwing the guitar i have now in the trash because its falling apart so i wanna use the 7 strings for both 6 and 7 string stuff

Why not just use a 6 string for the CGCFAD tuning? Going from a B to a C is gonna sound horrible, trust me, I've tried >.>
Quote by Shiruyumi
Why not just use a 6 string for the CGCFAD tuning? Going from a B to a C is gonna sound horrible, trust me, I've tried >.>

I dont have money for a new 6 string, But If its not going to work than I will keep my 6 string for Drop C