okay.
how many octaves lower are the strings on a bass then the strings on a guitar?
both in standard tuning of course.

i've heard 4, i've heard 1.
I'd think one, but i'm not sure and i'm really curious to know.

thank you :]
So the air's getting colder
and the news keeps us scared.

Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
awesome, i thought so.

thank you verdyyyyyy much :]
So the air's getting colder
and the news keeps us scared.

Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
If it was 4 octaves, you wouldn't even be able to hear it, your ears would bleed and youd be all like "why the eff are my ears bleeding, I can't even hear anything." Then your friend would be like, "Oh sorry, I was just playing some Bass" so ya.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Quote by DAaaMan64
lol Dave that'd be funny.

Yeah, I lol'd.
why is double bass called a double bass? Is it two octaves below, or is that just the odd name oft he instrument, or some other reason?
Quote by Manjinken
why is double bass called a double bass? Is it two octaves below, or is that just the odd name oft he instrument, or some other reason?

I think double bass doesn't even belong to a bass. It's for the drums.
i think he was talking about one of these

Quote by Blutrot
I think double bass doesn't even belong to a bass. It's for the drums.
Quote by Manjinken

The instrument's standard English name, double bass, may be derived from the fact that it is approximately twice as large as the cello, or because the double bass was originally used to double the cello part an octave lower especially in Baroque and Classical music. The name may derive from its alleged viol family heritage, in that it is tuned lower than the standard bass viola da gamba. The name also refers to the fact that the sounding pitch of the double bass is an octave below the bass clef.

From Wiki.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.