without looking...
Fender showmaster?

edit:

almost correct... a SQUIER showmaster...
And yes it was made like this... to give fender *kuch* Squier a more metal-imago but... well... they aren't quite their specialty so... they are nothing compared to their normal Strat's
definately doesnt look like a fender to me. i wouldnt even say its a customized fender.
I am not sure what the headstock says, but it doesnt look like squier, it looks more like strat..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
It's a Fender HM Strat. Yes, it came factory fresh like that. Made in Japan and then later the U.S. from '88 (possibly '86) to '92. Had a Kahler Spyder tremolo and DiMarzio pickups (some had Lace Sensors). I have no idea why GC calls it "Fender The Strat". Apparently they're wankers.
Quote by Pikka Bird
It's a Fender HM Strat. Yes, it came factory fresh like that. Made in Japan and then later the U.S. from '88 (possibly '86) to '92. Had a Kahler Spyder tremolo and DiMarzio pickups (some had Lace Sensors). I have no idea why GC calls it "Fender The Strat". Apparently they're wankers.
^Correct, its the HM
ok thanks.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by Pikka Bird

O.o i did not know that.

thanks man. learn something new everyday.
...and by the way, HM does stand for Heavy Metal... Another error on GC's site: Double humbucker pickups, two single coils... A discrepancy.