1. the VC15 will absoutely destroy the MG
2. Yes, it is
3. yes, you can tell by looking at the back. there are power tubes (large ones) and preamp tubes (smaller ones).
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by igotabcrich32
1. the VC15 will absoutely destroy the MG
2. Yes, it is
3. yes, you can tell by looking at the back. there are power tubes (large ones) and preamp tubes (smaller ones).

On 3 how can i tell via the internet?
The Laney is way, way better than the MG. MG is a low priced solid state amp that will not get you farther than about 1 1/2 years of use. The laney is a all tube amp that will definetly satisfy your needs for years. But I think you should check out the Epiphone valve Junior half stack, I love it.
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
It's all valve, and it's an upgrade over your MG.

Quote by woofwoofysback!
2.)I wam not in a band,but am looking for one. Will this be loud enough for small gigs like pubs etc?

This one depends. Some people here say they gig with 5W valve combos. I've even seen a band gig in NYC thru a mic'd Vibro Champ. Yet... I personally wouldn't want to gig with less than 30W. Depends on what kind of music you're playing, whether you need cleans at gigging volumes, the size of the band, and how loud everyone else is (and how unreasonable they are about turning down).

So how close are you in funds to the VC30? Or maybe you can find one used?
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
MG doesnt even compare to the VC,

Anyway, just get it, it's an incredible amp, you can tell an amp is valve online because it will give in the description a list of valves used, 12AX7s/EL84/EL35/Blah blah.
It should have more than one valve in it if it's a true valve amp, otherwise, its classed as hybrid. Or solid state if it has 0.

Easily enough for small gigs.
http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/24876/a/r/e/base

another £40/50 and you're there, ease of mind that it will DEFINITELY handle gigs, but I also reckon the vc15 would too, yu also get the benefit of having a 12" speaker over the 10"
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD