Roland cube, im most likely going to ask for it for xmas. I could get it new, or save money and get it used. the 30 is more, but louder and probally better. the 20 is a lot less, which means i could probally squeeze in a strat or G-400 for xmas.

What should I do, or should i look at Vox.

I play metal, hard rock, progressive rock, some times some bluesy stuff (yes your probally lol'ing since i have an ESP, but that's what an SG or strat is better at ), and sometimes alternative rock.

Thanks for any input.
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
I say go for the vox for $199 it has a tube in the preamp so you'll get a extra warmth from the tubes. It will have a good tone. Do you gig? If not, 15-20 watts is all you'll need.
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Get the Roland Cube 30 coz it's f*****g deadly! I have it and the power you can get from it is shocking, don't bother with the 20 watt.
Well right now im not in a band but soon i plan on it. plus i already have my spider too, and i don't plan on selling it...
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
ok im stuck between these now

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD15VT-15W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481958
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-20X-Amp-With-COSM?sku=487031
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-30X-Amp-with-COSM?sku=487032

and for guitar: probally a g-400, or some strat... any input on this? keep it as cheap as 250... it isn't a big possibility i could, but i hope i can.
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
Go for Vox.

As for guitar try to get a Fender (mexican) standard or Fender (Japenese) standard strat, the Japanese is better but harder to find but they're both similar price, they shoul dkeep you going. I'm getting a Fender Japan premium strat which is double the price of the standard and I can't wait, everyone says Japan fenders are the best.
MIM??!! aren't they ****?

MIA a lot? I played an HSS and i'm not sure what it was... it was 300. Heck, maybe at xmas I'll have 300+ bucks like last year... So I'm guessing I should go with the best amp...

best amp; for 250 bucks. new or used.
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
get the 30, as the 20 doesn't have the amp models, Which You Want.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
MIM are great.
Just because they arent the top of the line they're still good, but if you can, a Japanese fender standard is better than the mexican one.
Cube 30, for what you play. Later, sell the Spider and grab a Valveking or something. Guitarwise, get a Strat if you have something with 'buckers, get an SG if you have something with single coils.

The Mexican strats are very nice, better build quality than the G-400, in my opinion.
Definitely go for the Cube 30, it'll last you long enough that your next upgrade will probably be a big gigging valve amp. The VOX, as mentioned, does the medium-gain tones well but the Cube is best for high gain.

Get the Roland Cube 30 coz it's f*****g deadly! I have it and the power you can get from it is shocking,
Now let's not be silly, eh? Don't want to get people's hopes up too much...
Quote by Dave_Mc
get the 30, as the 20 doesn't have the amp models, Which You Want.

Very true.

The amp models are pretty important.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Very true.

The amp models are pretty important.

yeah, they're basically the reason the cube is recommended so much- without them (e.g. cube 15) it's crap.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Should I get it from ebay or get it new? I don't trust my parents getting it on ebay, but we have a musiciansfriend account and such so that will be so much easier. But the thing is I won't have room for really anything else... Unless there's a black friday special...

and doesn't Musicians friend have some Xmas no payment and no interest deal?
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
bumped

ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
^ answer that question real quick then you can ignore all you want
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
it's really up to you, i guess.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
it's really up to you, i guess.

but am i going to see an increase in performance new, or does it really matter? I mean saving 50~75 bucks on it used is awesome...

and last chance, the roland cube or vox, give cons and pros to both if possible, thanks
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
Get the thirty,as stated earlier the 20 doesnt have the amp models.

Also... Why have two sub par guitars? If you already have an esp f-250, and you get another guitar, the g400, whats the point? I would either buy a nicer amp, or save up for a nicer guitar.
Hmm, well my amp is for xmas, and I'm gona use the money left over for guitar.

Sub par?

Well I'm 13, I don't need a super duper duper amazing gibson or anything. Hell, I might end up selling these a few years down the road to get a kick ass guitar... or might keep them.
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
Laney LC30 is like 2380743209 bucks O_O

So go for 30 watt, if I can find a good cheap one on ebay, I'll go for it. If not, I'll have to MF it

also are monster cables worth it? I might get a 12 footer for my bday
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
Vox Valevatronix XL series for you
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by Links 2 3 4
also are monster cables worth it? I might get a 12 footer for my bday

I don't think so, but I'm a cheap bastard who dosn't mind re-soldering a $10 12 foot cable every few weeks. $40 could be better used.
ahh half of you are saying roland and the other half are saying vx.

i might go VX, since it has a pretube or whatever and i got a tubescreamer TS7 last week and this guy told me they work so much better with preamp/tubes or whatever they are, i really don't know much about amps
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
I don't think that the tube in the vox amp is going to react the way you could drive the tubes in a normal tube amp. I'm not sure but its all kinda confusing about where the tube is in the vox amp, and while the AD15VT sounds good, so does the cube I would go for the cube for more gain and the vox for less gain.
HMM thats sounds good. But, can I use my TS7 with a SS amp or will i be fuxxed until i get a tube amp?
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0