I'm wondering if anybody is working on, or has a tab for the song from Guitar Hero 3 Devil Went Down To Georgia by Steve Ouimette. If you have it or are working on it, plz let me know, cause the song is intense.
Believe it or not ug has the actual song tab. If the song is different in Guitar-Queero then I doubt you will find it here*flame shield initiate*
Quote by log_metal
I'm wondering if anybody is working on, or has a tab for the song from Guitar Hero 3 Devil Went Down To Georgia by Steve Ouimette. If you have it or are working on it, plz let me know, cause the song is intense.

I'm looking for the tab, too. I posted a request yesterday.

If you look at the tabs that UG has for the actual song, the intro is pretty much the same, and the verses is just D tremolo picked, with some notes thrown in, I think. You could just play the chord progression for the chorus the way it is in the original song. But the mad solos in it, I have no idea. If you find a tab for it, I'd like to know about it, cause the song is crazy.
That song is proberbly not physicaly possible to play on Guitar.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Hey all. I have not attempted to do a tab on the song simply because it is an incredible amount of work. As far as the playing, it is quite possible to play on a guitar, it just takes work. To be honest I never thought about the tab for the song, but it would be a lot of fun to do. For the most part the difficult stuff is in the solos. The main guitar melody is pretty much like the original but I added either a 3rd or an octave to it depending on the part.

As for the solos, I traded off between me and both Ed Degenaro and Geoff Tyson. The unacompanied solo is me but Ed is the first solo on the left and Geoff is the second solo on the left...I always play the part of Lou.

There is more information about the song on my site at www.steveouimette.com as well as my myspace page. Maybe one day I'll get the video camera out and record a few parts of the song to explain how some of it was done. I doubt seriously that I'll ever do a tab for it though...

Thanks
Steve
I was half expecting something along the lines of 'hes managed to play it... AcOuStIcLy...'
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by ChemicalFire
That song is proberbly not physicaly possible to play on Guitar.

YOU BET I'm tabbing it! I'M starting the first solo!
the songs tabbed out go to guitarworld.com
its the original too i have the magazine with the entire song tabbed out already
Last edited by O-52-A-50-R at Apr 22, 2008,
Quote by Steve Ouimette
Hey all. I have not attempted to do a tab on the song simply because it is an incredible amount of work. As far as the playing, it is quite possible to play on a guitar, it just takes work. To be honest I never thought about the tab for the song, but it would be a lot of fun to do. For the most part the difficult stuff is in the solos. The main guitar melody is pretty much like the original but I added either a 3rd or an octave to it depending on the part.

As for the solos, I traded off between me and both Ed Degenaro and Geoff Tyson. The unacompanied solo is me but Ed is the first solo on the left and Geoff is the second solo on the left...I always play the part of Lou.

There is more information about the song on my site at www.steveouimette.com as well as my myspace page. Maybe one day I'll get the video camera out and record a few parts of the song to explain how some of it was done. I doubt seriously that I'll ever do a tab for it though...

Thanks
Steve

dude the accuall guy that played it just told you about it
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.

-Timothy Leary
Quote by Steve Ouimette

Thanks
Steve

Listen to him, I have a feeling he knows what he's talking about.
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
Wow, never new Steve was on here! Honestly, just go into guitar hero three, set it to practice mode on slowest, and voila. You can even control what sound you hear between just the guitar, the band, and the vocals. The guitar pro on this site covers a lot of it reasonably well though.
You have a feeling?!
HE RE-WROTE AND RECORDED THE DAMN THING FOR GH!!!
I can't believe he signed up at UG... I mean, seriously, I'm starting to doubt it lol.
Gore AND Core; unite!