Fender Champion 600
4 10%
Epiphone Valve Junior Combo
12 30%
Other (Post in Thread)
14 35%
Voters: 40.
Palomino V8...

10" speaker, gain and tone controls, and just a great overall sound. Best in Class, IMHO.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
You should add the Crate Palomino V8 to the poll.

I've been GASing for a 5W tube lately, and I really wish I could afford a Cornford Harlequin or a Laney Lionheart. But I can't.
I don't know how to add to the poll now. We can just call other Palomino V8 though, because that seems to be the other big one.
I personally love the VJ, but the combo is kinda lackluster, the Palomino V8 is totally awesome though.
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
My dear man, I must petition you for photographic evidence, or the described events cannot be verified, and will be written off as fallacy.
Bad Cat Mini Cat, got the chance to play one yesterday, holllyyyyy shitttt
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Personaly, I'm caught between the Palomino V8 and the Valve Junior head (not combo).
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I really dig the Champ, actually, but I haven't played the Crate and Peavey ones. I didn't vote on the poll because of that. Champ beats VJ in my book, though- although maybe that's cos I own the VJ combo, not the head. I've heard it's a pretty big difference.
Fender Champ (not the Champion).

By the way, does anyone know whether Marshall ever made a single-ended amp?
Last edited by mr_hankey at Nov 12, 2007,
I'd say palomino v8 since i have it of course. :p But the champ is also really nice and I have yet to try the evj, but at my gc they have the head and cab in the corner so maybe i'll give it a go.
Quote by slatsmania
Palomino V8...

10" speaker, gain and tone controls, and just a great overall sound. Best in Class, IMHO.

Palomino yes, my vote goes to the Crate V8, should be up in the poll. I've only had the chance to play a V32, but if it's nears as nice as the V32 the V8 should win.

I liked the Valve Junior head, it was alright.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Nov 12, 2007,
Mesa express 5:25
To a shredder, a second is a long time.

Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
I was reading on the Crate Palomino V8. The scuttle-butt says it is now made in Vietnam and is not the quality it once was. Anybody got any more info on this?

Chris
Quote by nikeshp
is the combo really much worse than the head and cab?

Yes, I would say it is.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
^^ get one used that was MIA and they are tons better. sound tottally sexii
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by RCShadow
I was reading on the Crate Palomino V8. The scuttle-butt says it is now made in Vietnam and is not the quality it once was. Anybody got any more info on this?

The VK and VJ are made in China, and the Fender's probably made in Mexico, what are you gonna do? That's how they keep the prices down on these amps.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Ordered my VJ head today! woop! 120Euro!
My Gear:
Jackson RR3 + Bill Lawrence L500XL

Sennheiser EW500 Wireless
T-bone EWS wireless
IbanezTS9
MXR 6Band EQ
Ibanez WD7
Decimator

Peavey VK100
Epiphone ValveJunior
Kustom Quad100DFX 2x12
MicroCube!
Marshall 1960A 4 x 12
Quote by ianguitargod
Ordered my VJ head today! woop! 120Euro!

Are you planning on any mods?

Chris