So I was at the Down concert last night. Sick btw. But my question is about Pepper's guitars.

He plays ESP, and they look EXACTLY like Gibson SG's. They do not have Viper bodies, you know how Vipers are kind of distorted shape, Pep's was straight on Gibson looking, but sure enough ESP headstock.

So does ESP make a, I don't know, almost replica SG other than a Viper, or is this most likely a custom built model they built specifically for Pep?

Any help is appreciated.
custom perhaps, or you were drunk. they don't have any current models like that but maybe something discontinued
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Japanese custom maybe? Edwards makes bitchin' copies of well known models without getting their asses sued.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
What the... Well, it's a custom ESP I guess.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
You lucky bastard, when they came to here to Calgary Phil was sick and couldnt sing so they didnt play, but I read in an interview that he had ESP make him a bunch of custom guitars
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
Quote by gibson_10
You lucky bastard, when they came to here to Calgary Phil was sick and couldnt sing so they didnt play, but I read in an interview that he had ESP make him a bunch of custom guitars

Dude it was a sick show. Phil was ON-POINT all night. They played for 2 and a half hours. All the good stuff, and a lot of the new stuff too. Amazing show.
Good to hear, they said they are going to come back to Calgary to make up for when they coudnt play, so I cant wait till they come.
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
By the looks of the wear it's an old guitar so it may be that ESP made a more SG-like guitar before Gibson started throwing lawsuits around like they were going out of fashion.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
By the looks of the wear it's an old guitar so it may be that ESP made a more SG-like guitar before Gibson started throwing lawsuits around like they were going out of fashion.

Yea, you may be right man. I know Pep has had that guitar for a while, I just didn't know if it was actually a model.
It definitely looks like a custom made guitar. Never seen inlays like that on a normal ESP. Or P-90 pickups for that matter.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
i'm guessing it's a custom, however you could just get an edwards... EDIT: they're an esp sub-brand. Japanese-made.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I swear he did have a gibson though which he sold on ebay a few months ago, it was on the down myspace
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
you have a design, have the money, ESP will build it for you.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers