Hey guys, i've been messing around on my guitar and I have a progression, but I don't know how to label it. I have some knowledge of music theory, I just don't know what I should label it. The chord progression is this:

EbM7, second inversion (Bb, Enat, Eb, G)
[6 - 6 - 0 - 0 - x - x]

5 | 6 | 7| 8
| - | - | - | - |
| - | - | - | - |
| - | - | - | - | (played open)
| - | x | - | - |
| - | x | - | - |

AbM7b5 (Ab, C, D, G)
[4 - 3 - 0 - 0 - x - x]

2 | 3 | 4| 5
| - | - | - | - |
| - | - | - | - |
| - | x | - | - |
| - | - | x | - |

Then, back to the EbM7 6/4, then

F#augb9 (F#, D, F#, G)
[2 - 5 - 4 - 0 - x - x]

2 | 3 | 4| 5
| - | - | - | - |
| - | - | - | - |
| - | - | x | - |
| - | - | - | x |
| x | - | - | - |

Now, I don't know whether it should be a I - IV - I - V progression (assuming the EbM7 6/4 is my I), or what it should be. I don't even know if those chord names are 100%, just what I got. Any help would be appreciated. I need to learn how to name chords better anyways, and I'm trying to learn about chord progression, so any input will help.
4/4 is just so boring. <_<
Last edited by JimmyPage97 at Nov 12, 2007,
i don't know, for simplicity's sake, i'd recognize the second chord as an Abmin/maj7 (b5) and the last chord as a Gmaj7(no 3)

it doesn't really follow any key strictly - i wouldn't bother myself too much with the theoretical makeup of the progression though
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
In tab, he means:

|-----------|
|-----------|
|--0--0--0--|
|--0--0--4--|
|--6--3--5--|
|--6--4--2--|
Thanks for the help, hey blue strat, how do you get tab like that into posts?
4/4 is just so boring. <_<
just wrap it in code tags so it comes out nice and straight
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Quote by axe_grinder247
i don't know, for simplicity's sake, i'd recognize the second chord as an Abmin/maj7 (b5) and the last chord as a Gmaj7(no 3)

it doesn't really follow any key strictly - i wouldn't bother myself too much with the theoretical makeup of the progression though

2nd Chord is Abmaj7#11, there's no minor 3rd so it's not a min/maj7 chord

So JimmyPage97, you're basically right on the money Ebmaj7 - Abmaj7#11 - Ebmaj7, I IV I in Eb, then the last chord is basically random and you could name it as you did or as axe-grinder did or even Dadd11