hi. i'm pretty new to the bass forum as i've been playing guitar for a couple of years. i took up bass cos our band needed a bassist and nobody else would do it.

so anyway, i bought this bass off a friend, and it has no name on the headstock and a really small body. i know its not gonna be anything good, but i really like it, and wanna find out anything i can about it. I'll try and get pics up soon but i was wondering if anyone knew offhand.

thanks a load

(p.s. just checked and looks like there was a serial number, but it's been peeled off)
We have no way of knowing without pics really. Small body and no name on the headstock doesn't really get us much closer.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Pics. Lots of them.

There is no way we can tell from no-name small body.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
yea, maybe if you can't get pics, explaining what the body looks like might help us, go check musicians friend, and look up some bass, see if it looks like any of them, then we can help
ok, sorry, i know i shoulda got pics, got some now...

the body

the (very dusty) headstock

a two piece neck? :s oh dear

the back

a better view of the body.

sorry about the stickers and the dust, i'm only half way through getting it to a respectable standard. (although you might guess the negative response one was my addition)

and to the guy whou said something about my username, i don't quite get what you meant
Either a Soundgear or a GSR - the 'ramp' shape at the end of the fingerboard says Ibanez.
Quote by Gunpowder
Sekhmet: Known for ritually sacrificing the innards of small woodland creatures.

Also, being a girly-girl.

Quote by Creepingjesus73
As for you, Mistress of Mayhem; just remember who it is who can lick * *** + *****'* **** *****out of the ****** of the ***!

i'm guessing its a mid level ibanez

oh and the guy who mentioned your user name, he meant that you had gotten a "negative response" to your question
Quote by NegativeRespons
and to the guy whou said something about my username, i don't quite get what you meant

He's saying you got a negative response.
The bass looks Ibanez-ish to me.
Got Bass?
It might be an older verision of this bass Ibanez SR
the pickups don't look the same and neither does the headstock

or something that was discontinued

i'm not sure though, there are so many things that make it look like an ibanez, (the pickups, the knobs, the ramp, the neck) and so many things that make it look like an ibanez copy (such as the head stock, the body shape)
It's an early one I think, late 80s or early 90s.
From the days when Soundgear was Ibanez's cheapo brand.
Quote by Gunpowder
Sekhmet: Known for ritually sacrificing the innards of small woodland creatures.

Quote by Creepingjesus73
As for you, Mistress of Mayhem; just remember who it is who can lick * *** + *****'* **** *****out of the ****** of the ***!

The headstock looks like a Washburn to me, my old bassist used to have one, same pup config too, I'm going with Washburn.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
It is a one piece neck though - but it has some bad crossgraining going on.
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by Creepingjesus73

It looks like an Ibanez SR or the like, but the pups are really odd, esp. the passive ones. My guess is that it isn't a Ibanez, but either a clone or a similar model. I've seen ESPs like that bass, but its not even quite right for one of them.
Quote by anarkee
It looks like an Ibanez SR or the like, but the pups are really odd, esp. the passive ones. My guess is that it isn't a Ibanez, but either a clone or a similar model. I've seen ESPs like that bass, but its not even quite right for one of them.

thats what i'm thinking, mainly because of the headstock, its probably a cheap clone

although it could, like someone said be an older ibanez
It might be a Columbus - yet another Ibanez cheapie.
If it is it would have had a decal on the top horn not the headstock.
You never know it might still be hiding under the stickers.
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by Creepingjesus73

it looks like my gsr200(ibanez) but the pickups are in the other side(the p one) and the headstock is kind of bigger in mine
maybe an old model with a repainted head

or a cheap no brand copy
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400