Okkkk... soo i was playing guitar and it was going fine, thennnn... when i played the 2nd fret on the A string, it was muffled and faded out quick, i played the 3rd fret, and it was clear and loud. Oh, it also did it to the 9th fret and 14th. Please help!!!!
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
could be a bunch of things. truss rod, protruding frets..

id take it to a tech. shouldnt cost much.
Quote by Guitargle

beat me to it...
I just got it 2 days ago, i'm not taking it anywhere because they're going to take it for a week, it's bull****. Can you help me out so i can do it myself, I know how to adjust the truss rod, and it didn't do this 10 min. ago, i'm not sure what it is...
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50

Quote by druz15_UG
Quote by Guitargle

what's with all that guitargle crap, you know someone is going to notice that and ban you....you're probably just an advertiser anyway, right?
Quote by LPDave
I just got it 2 days ago, i'm not taking it anywhere because they're going to take it for a week, it's bull****. Can you help me out so i can do it myself, I know how to adjust the truss rod, and it didn't do this 10 min. ago, i'm not sure what it is...

Would you prefer to screw up your own guitar and have them take it for longer and charge you more?

We can't tell you how to fix it if we don't know what the problem is.

It could be a dead fret...in that case its going to the shop, for sure...
Truss rod could be adjusted bad...most likely a shop fix for a newer player...
You may not be pushing hard enough...

Just do it for a tech...and don't be afraid to make a fool of yourself if you mess something up. They get it all the time.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by LPDave

if adjusting the truss rod didn't work, then I'd say the last thing you should do before breaking down and taking it to a tech is raise the action...
found out what's wrong, it's not my guitar or amp, it's my EHX Debugger.. When I turn it off, it's fine and clear, when i put it on and put it on the Normal setting, it's fine, but when you put it on Strong (The one i always use) It's all muffled on the 2nd and 9th frett. Should i take it back and get like a boss NS?
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50

Quote by druz15_UG
Quote by LPDave
found out what's wrong, it's not my guitar or amp, it's my EHX Debugger.. When I turn it off, it's fine and clear, when i put it on and put it on the Normal setting, it's fine, but when you put it on Strong (The one i always use) It's all muffled on the 2nd and 9th frett. Should i take it back and get like a boss NS?

what the hell is that?
Quote by david_highland
what's with all that guitargle crap, you know someone is going to notice that and ban you....you're probably just an advertiser anyway, right?

nope. thats a non profit site. and id hardly be helping people and asking questions as a normal user if i was just here to advertise. besides, i havent actually posted a link to it (as far as i remember) if people wanna click my sig, thats up to them, just as if people wanna click a link in anyone elses sig's. im not pushing it, im just using the forums as a normal regular, as you may have noticed.
Quote by david_highland
what the hell is that?

took the words right outta my mouth. hehehe.
It's a noise compressor

EDIT: Look on musiciansfriend
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50

Quote by druz15_UG
hmmm. sorry, i dont really know anything about noise compressors. i dont understand how it could just affect a couple of frets though, surely an external effect would affect all of them?

again, sorry i cant be of more use on this one.
Quote by Guitargle
hmmm. sorry, i dont really know anything about noise compressors. i dont understand how it could just affect a couple of frets though, surely an external effect would affect all of them?

again, sorry i cant be of more use on this one.

Hmm..

Well you know the solution right?

GUITARGLE!! xD
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by Guitargle
nope. thats a non profit site. and id hardly be helping people and asking questions as a normal user if i was just here to advertise. besides, i havent actually posted a link to it (as far as i remember) if people wanna click my sig, thats up to them, just as if people wanna click a link in anyone elses sig's. im not pushing it, im just using the forums as a normal regular, as you may have noticed.

good point....
Quote by LPDave

Do you really need to use such a strong noise gate setting? Surely if you just used the normal setting you'd be alright?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by LPDave
It's a noise compressor

EDIT: Look on musiciansfriend

I googled it and didn't come up with much....a noise compressor? or noise suppresor?
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Do you really need to use such a strong noise gate setting? Surely if you just used the normal setting you'd be alright?

Yes I do, when i used the normal it makes an even more annoying sound then the buzz
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50

Quote by druz15_UG
Well having looked at the EHX website and the pedals manual I'd say it something to do with the way it cancels the hum and the harmonics present in those notes, try a different supressor like the ISP Decimator or an NS-2

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
ya, i'm going to sam ash and trading it for an NS2, thanks man, you're like the only one who answered my thread knowing about noise gates.. thank god..
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50

Quote by druz15_UG
Quote by LPDave
ya, i'm going to sam ash and trading it for an NS2, thanks man, you're like the only one who answered my thread knowing about noise gates.. thank god..

Quick piece of advice: don't plump for the NS-2 immediately, it's a bit temperamental and takes a bit of setting up, try out all the different ones you can find and make sure you test them using a guitar with the same sort of pickups as the one you've already got, it's no use trying out a noise gate with a guitar with active EMGs if you've got a strat with noisy single coils, if you see what I mean?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.