Alright y'all? I'm here to take my guitaring to the next level, but I need some advice from you PRO'S out there, if you could be so kind

I'm an average guitarist. Mastered the basics, just to give you an idea though, here's a rough list of where I'm at, and what I can do.

- Barre Chords
- Most Other Chords
- Most Normal Scales
- Power Chords
- CAN read TAB perfectly
- Able to play nearly anything thrust infornt of me (with a bit of practice)
- Been on stage LIVE twice (that's not a lot for you guys, but this is me)
- A little bit of soloing... But really, I suck :P

But basically I was sitting down last night and I REALLY wanted to be able to shred guitar and play it seamlessly, so I need help from you guys.

Some advice on what to do to be able to take my guitaring to the next level would be nice. Lessons, links, cideos, all accepted thankfully. What should I do?

Any help accepted, Thanks.
lern to sweep. its fun as hell to do. but hard as hell to get down. ive only been playin for like 3 years but about a year into it i got into sweep. and there are many other kinds of picking that can do your bidding...
^^sweeping comes with time, dont force it. alternate/economy picking is SO much more useful. i only sweep about 1/16 of the time im i play.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
play sweeping its hard to do i still cant do it
Quote by JamieB
Because all TRUE GUITARISTS know what PLUGINCHILD looks like, DUUUUH!

I want it now, and i want you NOW! give me your heart and your soul!
learn your modes in every key, everywhere on the fretboard.
Legato
Sweep Picking
Alt Picking
Economy Picking
Hybrid Picking

There's always something new to learn.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
i'm at the point where I know I could play pretty much anything finger wise...the problem is memorizing a lot of the solos, you just have to take them one step at a time, memorize like each part individually and then put it all together. I would start with that on solos that don't sound too hard to you. you want to stretch yourself so you get better, but you dont want to try something too dificult and get discourages....... to play seamlessly making up your own stuff isnt that time consuming. play like 4 power chords that sound good to you and then jam out the scales in that key. eventually pick up the pace and you'll be good to go. i also do finger excercises. start with open E on the sixth string, hit each of the first four frets with each finger and continue with open A and so fourth. do that all the way up the neck, use alternate picking. before long your fingers will be good to go.
Quote by guitarboy221

I'm an average guitarist. Mastered the basics,

Sigh.

Here's where a lot of people go wrong. There are no basics and you never really
master anything. You just get closer to perfecting things. Nothing gets crossed
of a "Completed" list. You're never really "above" having to work on "beginner"
stuff.

So, if you'd rather move on to 50 finger tapping, but still can't play a scale in time to
a steady beat, that's up to you (just using an example). It's the basic stuff that will
actually make you a better player.

An amateur practices something until he can play it right, a pro practices it until he
can't play it wrong.
Quote by edg

An amateur practices something until he can play it right, a pro practices it until he
can't play it wrong.

that deserves to be sigged.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Learn theory and how the modes all fit together. Practice the modes in every position. Work on legato, sweeping, alt/economy picking, flatpicking, finger picking/hybrid picking, classical guitar, flamenco, jazz...the list is neverending. Record yourself playing a rythm then improv over it. That helped my improv skills a good bit...Also work on playing chromatics in odd note groupings (5's, 7's, 9's). There's always something to improve on.
R.I.P. Turner Blaine
Quote by edg
Sigh.

Here's where a lot of people go wrong. There are no basics and you never really
master anything. You just get closer to perfecting things. Nothing gets crossed
of a "Completed" list. You're never really "above" having to work on "beginner"
stuff.

So, if you'd rather move on to 50 finger tapping, but still can't play a scale in time to
a steady beat, that's up to you (just using an example). It's the basic stuff that will
actually make you a better player.

can't play it wrong.

+1 nice one man
I'd say work on your soloing if you think you suck at it, I'm working on improvisation, but only cuz i think it's fun, i just put a cd in and try to play along with it. Usually it only works if i know the chord progression, or at least the key.