Hey people ,

As its nearly christmas and all i've decided to get a pedal but dont know which to get so any ideas would be helpful, im looking for one with overdrive, distortion , and one that you can set to remember so many functions. could anyone advise any suitable for this ?

thanks Arran
Do you have a Tube amp or Solid State?
What kind of music do you play?

Tube amp = Overdrive Pedal
Solid State = Distortion pedal
Boss DS-1 Distotion-Solit State
Boss SD-1 Overdrive (I think thats what its called)-Tube
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
Quote by KaneIsRaw13
Do you have a Tube amp or Solid State?
What kind of music do you play?

Tube amp = Overdrive Pedal
Solid State = Distortion pedal

no.
Quote by MetallicGod07

and no.

overdrive pedals are supposed to emulate the break up on tube amps. some people use them to tighten up the sound, but that doesn't mean u can't use it on a solid state amp. Distortion pedals can be used in front of a tube amp too. do u know what the real difference between a distortion pedal and an overdrive pedal is???
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
ECisthebest is right. It's not just a sort of "this is what amp you have, so you must get this" kind of answer. It comes down to what tone you want.

Overdrive is a bit lighter. It's good for blues, rock, those sort of genres. Good for a bit of a crunch.

And distortion is a bit heavier. It's good and heavy for riffing, but will also give you a nice lead tone. Probably better for hard rock and metal.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Ah thanks guys well, i have a 30 watt orange crush atm, but i do play mostly rock and indie and metal so a bit of everything. What do you guys think about the Boss Os 2 i think it is? The one that does overdrive and distortion? Would that be any good ?

thanks for ure help
Quote by MetallicGod07

-hiccup-
Boss make crappy ODs/Dists, if you want OD, look into Ibanez TS9/808, Digitech Badmonkey, Maxons, Fulltone etc. etc.
Distortionwise, proco rat ftw.
Ya kno people recommend overdrive pedals for tube amps, but shouldn't people really be recommending boost pedals to make the amp overdrive instead of a pedal that emulates/colors your tone. And if you want more gain/don't care about tone getting colored then even on a tube amp shouldn't you get a distortion pedal? Unless you like the tone of the od pedal especially well like some do.