So what would yall choose to be the cheapest possible (not Behringer) head and cab setup for gigs?
Epi LP Custom SILVERBURST

Quote by thefitz

Hold it like you hold a Crunchwrap Supreme.

Official Chiodos Fan of the Bass Militia
PM DinkyDaisy to Join
Quote by Captain Insano
If you live in the US look at Ashdown stuff. Outside the US look at Carvin.

What? Ashdown are a British company...why should you only look at them in the US? I put it to you, sir, that you are talking crap. Everyone everywhere should try Ashdown MAG if they're after a decent budget halfstack.
Quote by smb
What? Ashdown are a British company...why should you only look at them in the US? I put it to you, sir, that you are talking crap. Everyone everywhere should try Ashdown MAG if they're after a decent budget halfstack.

You can't buy Carvins in the US, you can however buy Ashdowns. And I have been told by like a million people that Carvin > Ashdown.
I'm pretty sure you can get Carvins in the US....
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Last edited by Confused4930 at Nov 12, 2007,
Quote by Captain Insano
You can't buy Carvins in the US, you can however buy Ashdowns. And I have been told by like a million people that Carvin > Ashdown.

You can ONLY buy carvin in the US.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by Captain Insano

This guy doesn't have a clue what the hell he's talking about.
Sry I got that Carvin ****ed up, a little case of open mouth insert foot. (Still check em out though.) (And I usually know what I'm talking about by the way.)
Last edited by Captain Insano at Nov 12, 2007,
Typical bass forum thread - n00b owned, Ashdown recommended. Job done.
Well, it's just common sense. If you play bass and live in the UK, unless you have the moolah for a Trace Elliot stack, then you're insane not to own an Ashdown.