Hey guys. Check out my latest track on my profile: "Air". C4C.

I'll add vocals to it once I come up with lyrics for it.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
I liked your song man. It has alot of potential to be really powerful imo. I just think if you could get a good drum and bass track to accompany it, that would really add another level to your song. good job.
sounds very nice. i like the intro. its hard to crit without vocals because theres nothing really wrong with the guitar. very good base for a song. of course when you add vocals you may want to rerecord the guitar in some places where it seems to get a little sloppy. other than that its a nice song so far...sounds like it has potential. thanks for the crit.
if you had some really good vocals on that it would be ok. your chord progressions are a little awkward sounding. guitar solo is alright
Sorry it took me so long to respond to this, but here's my thoughts.

It sounds nice, though it doesn't seem overly original. I'm sure I've heard the first two chord progressions before, and the one that comes in after that isn't anything spectacular. This really needs vocals to keep it from being so boring and uninteresting. Even some lead guitar noodling would help out a bit, but vocals are what it really needs. Songs that are nearly 5 minutes are really terrible to listen to when they're nothing more than a collection of chord progressions (albeit with different picking styles for the different progressions.) Heyo! Guitar solo. Not bad at all. Not incredible, but it works fine, and makes the last while worth listening to.

I just noticed that you mentioned that you intend to add vocals to this song, so I see you're on your way to improving the song. It's just not enjoyable to listen to a song written for vocals with the vocals not in it yet. Songs are boring without their key element.
OK guys, I've recorded the vocals (sorry it took so long...). I think it makes it a bit more listenable personally. Crit? (It's in the sig "Air - The Final Cut")
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

sorry dude but I don't really like the vocals, you should get a better microphone
But the guitar is awesome though, the solo is good, nice job man
when singing i'd recommend not singing directing into the microphone, perhaps visualise a spot (or second microphone) beside it maybe 10 centimeters to the side. that way you will still get the vibrations going to the mic, and you will lose the sudden pops and bursts being captured by the mic.

the guitar playing is very steady from what i gather, the mix for the lead guitar could be enhanced by bringing the volume up a bit... also give it a bit more shimmer by playing around with the mid-ranges.

pitch on vocals do need working on, but i'm assuming ur focus is the guitar because that was definitely well played.
I know the mic is **** but it's all I've got...it's a £10 cheap-arse mic. I'm looking into condensers specifically for doing vocals and I've got a few lined up. And I'm also aware I'm not a natural singer...it's just I had to do the vocals myself because the song means a lot to me.

But cheers thus far anyway! Anyone got anything they want me crit in return?
Quote by bjoern_swe

Hello.

Yeah, man, "Air" is pretty nice already. It has the mood and good progression. It would be great to have the vocals added.
Nicely done

Regards, Ash.
If you want something done well - do it yourself.

Ready for C4C?
See my profile.
Quote by alliwant
And I'm also aware I'm not a natural singer...it's just I had to do the vocals myself because the song means a lot to me.

do u think the first time u picked up the guitar u were able to play as well as u are now? just like the guitar, singing is a learned skill. theres no such thing as talent, just hard work.
It's just ok in my opinion. First of all, I would try to get rid of the annoying little hum in the background, maybe try audacity's noise removal function. second, I would turn turn the vocals down just a notch. I liked the acoustic, the verse riff is beautiful. I liked the guitar solo as well. I think it would be great to add drums and bass just before the solo, but that's up to you. I think you, as stated above, need help in the vocals department, like in tone and pitch. It has potential to become a great song, I think it just needs some work.
OK...once again, new version up. Re did the vocals. I definetly think it's a massive improvement. Couldn't get rid of the buzz without killing my track...sorry.
Quote by bjoern_swe

Disregarding the singing(I get that you wanted to show what they're gonna be like) I think it works fine. I'm not crazy about the vocals, but the intro works well, and the you do set the mood. If you found a singer who could interpret it to your satisfaction, I think it could work very well.

Bored and interested in new music?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796639
So many possibilities, so little ability.

Quote by Asthia
You know you're a guitar player when you tell your father what note he's yelling at you in and then improvise over the top.