I'm pretty serious about selling my Ovation Elite 1868, so I should make about 600 or 700 (also, if anyone is interested I'll put some pics up). I'm wondering what I should buy...I have a mexi-strat, and a Fender Blues Jr. amp and am lookin to get more into the electric. I was already gonna buy an Overdrive pedal, just havn't decided what yet. What else should I look toward buying? Thanks.
Last edited by HomerG at Nov 12, 2007,
depends what sort of music your into

if your into blues and jazz then a good distortion pedal would be good and maybe a bigger amp? dont really know
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Well I wanna get into more modern/alt. rock, but ya, I do like blues and jazz. Would it be better to buy a nicer electric than my mexi strat? or should I buy some pedals and save a few hundred?
Quote by HomerG
Well I wanna get into more modern/alt. rock, but ya, I do like blues and jazz. Would it be better to buy a nicer electric than my mexi strat? or should I buy some pedals and save a few hundred?
Well of you like blues and jazz, You could buy another guitar if you want to. A Fender Telecaster is great for that.
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
The rule that I've always been told is "Amp before guitar" and I believe thats pretty true. Just think about if you're happy with what your amp's doing for you, try different guitars with it as well as try different amps with your guitar. If you're fairly happy with your MIM Strat (as I am with mine) but are just wanting something a little different definatly give Jaguars/Jazzmasters a look. I realize they aren't for everyone but I love them. Also, I have an Ibanez TS9 OD pedal which can do nice bluesy overdrive as well a nasty punked out scream if you layer it with distortion, give it a look.
My attempt at gear-
Fender Jaguar (limited edition Cream with gold hardware.)
Goya Rangemaster (1967 Italian Archtop)
Martin SWDGT Acoustic.
Vox AD50VT.
Ibanez Tubescreamer, Wasabi Delay, MXR BLUE BOX.
Well I think that I am pretty happy with the amp, it is pretty solid for me, and I'm pretty sure a Blues Jr. can handle live right? I've used it live, but just for little things, you think it would survive later on?

And actually, I've always wanted a Les Paul, but never been able to afford one, but I just found this on musiciansfriend:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Vintage-Mahogany-Electric-Guitar-103371357-i1149476.gc

I could probably get that for about 50 bucks cheaper on Ebay I'm thinkin...anyone have any experience with this guitar? Is it worth the money or would it be better to just save up for a nice Les Paul or something?
I really don't know about the amp, but my only caution is make sure you know what it is you're wanting. Tons of people get wishes for gear into their head after hearing a pro play on something or just simple advertising. When I was beginning (oh how young and ignorant I was) I wanted to rock out on a Les Paul and a Marshall amp, I had no idea why other than their looks and reputation. Turns out I hate humbuckers and my limited experience with Marshalls turned me off of them. Just give things a try, don't base it off of other people's opinions.
My attempt at gear-
Fender Jaguar (limited edition Cream with gold hardware.)
Goya Rangemaster (1967 Italian Archtop)
Martin SWDGT Acoustic.
Vox AD50VT.
Ibanez Tubescreamer, Wasabi Delay, MXR BLUE BOX.
good advice.

and ya, i defintely am not gonna go around wasting $700 any time soon. i'm gonna go to my local guitar center and play the **** out of things.