a thought came to me the other day and im not really sure how i feel about it. do you think Nirvana paved the way for alot of the emo bands that we have today? it kinda makes sense when you think about it but im not totally sure if im convinced.

thoughts?
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
I do not like where this thread is going.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Quote by rorythefaggot

I agree with your foresight, Captain. I suggest we scuttle the ship.
Who dat?
nirvana just made it okay for alot of ****ty bands to exist that really have no right existing.
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

-Readys the anti-"I like Courtney Love" flame sheild-
Always better to be safe than sorry.
But I guess kinda seeing that the kids saw Kurt being all depressed and shooting himself then thought "Hey, I can be depressed too". Still working on the shooting themselves bit though.
Quote by metal Lover
No, Rites of Spring did.

+6211846

Modern emo is sweet stuff. Circle Takes the Square and Envy FTW.
Quote by FireandFlames
+6211846

Circle Takes the Square is pretty amazing.
Who dat?
Quote by rorythefaggot

So sig worthy...if it made sense with the quote in my sig
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
ummm... nirvana was pissed off and depressed... most emo bands are just gloomy
Quote by cnut
When I was eight, me and my best friend started "practicing for girls".
Which involved us going into the woods, and him sticking his dick in my ass.
The last time we did it, his sister caught us.

use AVG as your anti-virus
Quote by even_flow
How d'you figure?

besides the band image factor and similar themes and musical styling, Kurt Cobain strikes me as being very similar to someone like Gerard Way. Emo almost seems like an updated version of Nirvana (if that makes any sense). They both kinda hold the same place in society, like they both have the same fan base.

does that make any sense?
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by FireandFlames
+6211846

I've never heard a modern emo band. I'll have to check those out.
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
besides the band image factor and similar themes and musical styling, Kurt Cobain strikes me as being very similar to someone like Gerard Way. Emo almost seems like an updated version of Nirvana (if that makes any sense). They both kinda hold the same place in society, like they both have the same fan base.

Yeah, except Nirvana were cool.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Rites of Spring paved the way.
But the sad thing is over half of the "emos" have never heard of them or listened to them.
Quote by Anarion614
Circle Takes the Square is pretty amazing.

Yep, I'm seeing 'em live for the second time Saturday. it will be EPIC.

Quote by bananasislegend
ummm... nirvana was pissed off and depressed... most emo bands are just gloomy

Ummm, not really.

Quote by NoLaurelTree000

Emo bands nowadays hold the same fan base as many "indie" and hardcore fans. You won't find many scene kids listening to RoS, Yaphet Kotto, and A Case of Grenada.
Well, I don't really care for Nirvana, or any emo music for that matter.. Irony is, I kind of am emo.. Cutting and all, though that hasn't happened for about three months now. I don't get why people hate it, but I don't get why people like it.
I hate people. Especially black people.
Quote by Joshrocker48
Rites of Spring paved the way.
But the sad thing is over half of the "emos" have never heard of them or listened to them.

those are just scene kids. no relation to emo except from the media.
No they didn't. They paved the way for alternative music. Most of these "emo" bands aren't emo, they are alternative. Like My Chemical Romance. But I don't keep up with newer music, so I don't really know what I'm talking about. All I know is when I think of emo I think of a genre that died a long time ago and what is left of it is not popular nor is it even real emo. Just like post-grunge isn't real grunge.
Besides the fact that the word "emo" has become so fluid nowadays that I can't even define it, I would say yeah, Nirvana has had some influences on the "scene". Obviously the musical aspect is the emotional lyrics and vocals. In the sense of band image I would say Cobain did seem "emo" in his tortured, suffering Christ figure image. Kurt Cobain was emo. Kill me now.
Quote by Tr3v0rSh0fn3r
Besides the fact that the word "emo" has become so fluid nowadays that I can't even define it, I would say yeah, Nirvana has had some influences on the "scene". Obviously the musical aspect is the emotional lyrics and vocals. In the sense of band image I would say Cobain did seem "emo" in his tortured, suffering Christ figure image. Kurt Cobain was emo. Kill me now.

sad but true =[
Quote by cnut
When I was eight, me and my best friend started "practicing for girls".
Which involved us going into the woods, and him sticking his dick in my ass.
The last time we did it, his sister caught us.

use AVG as your anti-virus
Well they are similar in level of guitar talent. They both ***** out the power chords and play mediocre ten-second eighth-note solos. The difference is that Nirvana's drummer was actually decent where most emo drummers suck the big sack, and that Kurt Cocaine's lyrics were mostly indecipherable nonsense where most emo lyrics are an annoying shitfest of high-school level poetry that barely rhymes. The main things Nirvana has in common with emo is that they both suck balls and nobody important cares about them.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.