Hey. I want a tube combo. I'll be gigging with it and I'm quite sure I won't need more than 50 watts. I have a Gibson Les Paul. The tones I'm looking for are SRV type blues, mild distortion such as Led Zep and the most distorted I'd be goin would be AD/DC or G n' R type tone but not as trebly. If I ever needed to go heavier than that I'd buy a tubescreamer or some OD pedal. So I've done quite a bit of research and I've come up with a few options:

Laney LC50: I like the look of this cus it's 50w and I like to play pretty loud. I've heard a few sound demos and like the tone. But the Laney website says that this is Class A/B and the LC30 is Class A. What does that mean and what is the difference?

Laney VC30: Okay I also like the tone on this one but I can't see a huge difference between this and the LC series. Can someone tell me? Is one better than the other or is one more high gain than the other or what? Also I heard of a VC50 but I don't think they make them anymore. Can anyone confirm that or otherwise?

B-52: Right I didn't do much research on these but I think there are some amps in their range which are similar to the ones listed above and around the same price. Can someone give me some suggestions for one of these?

If anyone wants to suggest another similar amp please do so.

Last question: I know a few guitar players who use multi-effects processors and I like the idea. They have solid states and what they do is put the amp on clean and use their machines such as Boss ME-50 or one of the Zoom models to get their tone. I'm wondering if you can do this with a tube amp? I know you would be throwing away the natural tone of the amp but I just want to know if it's possible.

Thanks a lot in advance.
the me-50 is good. i love mine. but if you are only going to use 1 oe 2 effects, id buy single pedals.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
the me-50 is good. i love mine. but if you are only going to use 1 oe 2 effects, id buy single pedals.

Okay but do you know if the ME-50 can be used with a tube amp?

Quote by rudesill
mesa boogie single rectofier awesome amp

That's way out of my price range and it's not a combo.
Last edited by Icarus Lives at Nov 12, 2007,
Peavey Valveking 50 watt 112 combo, $429 USD. Also don't forget to look used.
yeah lol. i have a tube amp. by the way, a peavey classic 30 would be a nice choice for you since we are on the topic
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣