Im gonna put These Seymour Duncan Pickups (SH-6 and SH-4) in my Ibanez Iceman, But does anyone know which one is hotter so I can put the hot one in the bridge postion.
why would you want a pickup as hot as a jb as your neck pickup? o_O
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Isn't that a hot rodded humbucker set? I have a Dimebucker and Jazz model in my Ic400 and the jazz model isn't very hot at all. It's really smooth.
To a shredder, a second is a long time.

Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
I wonder if the JB in the neck would sound like a proper bridge pickup in the bridge?

Man, I hate that pickup.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
you dont need new pickups if you dont know why you are getting them
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Let's play "Guess the Threadstarter's Amp!"

I'm gonna say... Line 6 Spider II 75w.
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
you know its beyond my comprehension when people like you ask questions like this....if you just visit the seymour duncan website itll give you all the info you need about both pickups.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Quote by Dave_Mc
why would you want a pickup as hot as a jb as your neck pickup? o_O

+1

Quote by forsaknazrael
Why would you put an SH-6 in your neck? Or a JB in your neck? Either way, its a bad choice.

+1

EDIT: Edited for Davey
Quote by utsapp89
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Nov 13, 2007,
Quote by forsaknazrael
Why would you put an SH-6 in your neck? Or a JB in your neck? Either way, its a bad choice.

Give me a pickup to put in my neck
Quote by KaneIsRaw13

Tell us your amp and what music you play?
Quote by utsapp89
Quote by FacingUsAll
Tell us your amp and what music you play?

5150 combo

I Play metal (Metallica, Slayer, Unearth, KSE)
Quote by FacingUsAll
+1

hey don't cheers him, i said it first!

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by forsaknazrael
What do you feel is lacking about your tone now? Like...what would you like to change about it?

+1

you can get br00talz out of a 5150 without too much bother... you should just be trying to fine tune things. And unless you play br00talz with your neck pickup too, you'd be better, IMO, going with something less hot for the neck- 5150 cleans are mediocre enough without deteriorating them further with a mentally hot neck pickup, IMO...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
hey don't cheers him, i said it first!

I fixed it, just because you're sexy.
Quote by utsapp89

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by KaneIsRaw13

...you cocksucker?

1 brownie point to anyone who spots the reference

I'm not a great fan of it, but the Duncan Jazz probably wouldn't be a bad choice given your influences, either that or a 59.

I wouldn't stick a JB in the bridge though, or the Distortion personally although I'm guessing you like the name. I'd go for the Custom personally.

...or Dimarzio Breeds, they sound nice in an Icemans, although probably not quite the tone you're lokking for,
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com