is the mesa f-50 discontinued?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
Last edited by kazra90 at Nov 12, 2007,
y wwould they discontinue it? i thought it was supposed to be an amazing amp
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
Not sure to be honest...

Never really got as much respect as the higher end amps did..

Manufacturers will only produce the thing that sells the most I suppose
Hnece why the bloody mg series wont get discontinued
Quote by Pinky19
My guitar is so ugly, it makes me wanna punch a baby.
Quote by kazra90
y wwould they discontinue it? i thought it was supposed to be an amazing amp

Rumor has it that it was so amazing that it was cutting into Recto sales. Seriously.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Rumor has it that it was so amazing that it was cutting into Recto sales. Seriously.

O RLY?
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by igotabcrich32
O RLY?

"Rumor has it... " but, yeah!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania

+1

i never saw how it was amazing, but then i guess that doesn't matter.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Mesa has the lower priced line that they update every few years. First it was the DC series, I think, then the F series, and now the express series.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by slatsmania

I've heard the same thing countless times, and after hearing the amp, I believe it. Much more versatile than the Rectos (save for the Roadster and Road King of course...and possibly the Tremoverb).

Quote by Guitarmiester
The new Express series is very similar to the F-Series amps.

Not quite. The F-Series had a warmer overdrive tone and a heavier clean channel (if you can call a clean channel heavy). The Express amps are more Fender-ish than the F series amps, although they still do moderate gain fairly well.

Quote by Reincaster
Mesa has the lower priced line that they update every few years. First it was the DC series, I think, then the F series, and now the express series.

The DC amps were great, so were the F series...maybe the Express will catch up with a version 2.

So as long as slats is talking about rumors...who's up for seeing a Mark V in January?
roswell took all the stocks of the f-50 and all the schematics...
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

Quote by TwoString
I've heard the same thing countless times, and after hearing the amp, I believe it. Much more versatile than the Rectos (save for the Roadster and Road King of course...and possibly the Tremoverb).

Not quite. The F-Series had a warmer overdrive tone and a heavier clean channel (if you can call a clean channel heavy). The Express amps are more Fender-ish than the F series amps, although they still do moderate gain fairly well.

The DC amps were great, so were the F series...maybe the Express will catch up with a version 2.

So as long as slats is talking about rumors...who's up for seeing a Mark V in January?

It seems that the lower priced mesa series loses gain over each succesive model as well.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra