I have heard a lot of good things about both of these pedals, and I'm not sure which one to get. The POD has more amp sims, but if they are anything like the Spiders, the GT-8 might be better. You can get the GT-8 on eBay cheaper, so I could save some money. Which do you guys recommend?
"The Soup Nazi of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join"

Member of the SG Commandos
i owned both, but i think the gt-8 was way better in terms of tone and options. sure the xt live has plenty of amp sims and such, but it's got a fizzy cold tone. the gt-8 is much warmer and the amp sims are much more realistic, IMO.

it's not hard to configure and use. the only real complaints that i've heard about hte gt-8 is that, but i found it to be very easy to use. you can find great useable tones in just minutes. as with the pod xt, you will need a few weeks to really get to understand how to tweak the settings.

one thing i learned about the gt-8 is that you have to be very careful in selecting amp models vs. how much gain and what kind of pedals you're using. if you're not used to tweaking it, you'll get noise and muddy sounds. my suggestion is that you begin with minimal gain and effect settings and add it very gradually until you get what you're looking for.

another thing about hte gt-8 that beats the hell out of line6 are the effects. the reverb, chorus, delays, etc.. are all world-class. they sound just as good as the individual pedals. hope this helps a bit, good luck
he said the X3

not the XT

X3 is the newest generation of studio direct amp modellers. i've yet to try one out for myself.

the pods are nothing like the spiders. it'd be like saying the marshall MG series is the same as the marshall JCM series.

GT-8 is alrite. no complaints.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
the pods are nothing like the spiders. it'd be like saying the marshall MG series is the same as the marshall JCM series.

Erm, I don't think it's quite that extreme.

At any rate, I own a Boss GT-8 and I'll highly recommend it to just about anyone.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
Looks like the GT-8 is the unanimous winner. My parents are buying it, so they'll be happy that their saving money . Thanks, dudes!
"The Soup Nazi of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join"

Member of the SG Commandos
Quote by Kivarenn82
he said the X3

not the XT

X3 is the newest generation of studio direct amp modellers. i've yet to try one out for myself.

GT-8 is alrite. no complaints.

the x3 isn't all that. it's got a lot of features for vocals and stuff, but i woudn't call it a big improvement over the xt live. in fact, the modeling doesn't sound any better, nor has the quality of effects improved. it's just got more features and costs more money. the gt-8 wins, IMO
Quote by barbarianbrute
the x3 isn't all that. it's got a lot of features for vocals and stuff, but i woudn't call it a big improvement over the xt live. in fact, the modeling doesn't sound any better, nor has the quality of effects improved. it's just got more features and costs more money. the gt-8 wins, IMO

That, and if you crack it open, you'll see much of the same hardware that's in the XT. It seems like you should be able to flash the firmware on the XT and get an X3. Another example of Line6 using the iPod model for their products.
I was thinking the same thing

If you can upgrade the model packs I bet you any money they could upgrade the XT into the X3 no problem.