I just bought a VK 112 a week ago, and I am not totally satisfied with it. The cleans have been breaking up at high volumes, especially powerchords at high volumes. There is a rattling, almost like a hissing sound coming from inside, when I play lower bass notes. The OD is ok, but seems hollow and muddy, so ive been using my boss OD/DS. I play heavy rock to alt rock.

It was on sale and I only paid 350 for it new, so it seems like a good deal. It seems like its 50/50 with people liking the VK, and people saying its junk.

Should I take it back and save for something better or just get it replaced?

I found a used Classic 50 410 for $400. Better idea?

Help me out guys.
My Gear:

Fender 62 RI Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Fender Supersonic
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss OS-2 OD/DS
Martin 000-28
Washburn D10s
if you dont like the amp you have now i would definetly check out the other one.... thats the best idea i can give right now lol
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

MY STUFF
-Ibanez limited edition RG electric guitar
-Digitech RP250 multi effects
-Digitech DF-7Distortion Factory
-Marshall MG100 half stack
Based on what I've read here, a lot of people have to upgrade the speaker on the VK before they are satified with it.
Have you tried it on A/B texture?
I had it on A for ages and forgot it was there nearly, it lowers the amp to nearly 40 watts,
the cleans break up at around 5 on A
and the distortion sounds like an MG cranked on A

TOTALLY different story on A/B, 300% better IMO
My Gear:
Jackson RR3 + Bill Lawrence L500XL

Sennheiser EW500 Wireless
T-bone EWS wireless
IbanezTS9
MXR 6Band EQ
Ibanez WD7
Decimator

Peavey VK100
Epiphone ValveJunior
Kustom Quad100DFX 2x12
MicroCube!
Marshall 1960A 4 x 12
Quote by swervin
I just bought a VK 112 a week ago, and I am not totally satisfied with it. The cleans have been breaking up at high volumes, especially powerchords at high volumes. There is a rattling, almost like a hissing sound coming from inside, when I play lower bass notes. The OD is ok, but seems hollow and muddy, so ive been using my boss OD/DS. I play heavy rock to alt rock.

It was on sale and I only paid 350 for it new, so it seems like a good deal. It seems like its 50/50 with people liking the VK, and people saying its junk.

Should I take it back and save for something better or just get it replaced?

I found a used Classic 50 410 for $400. Better idea?

Help me out guys.

A 4x10 combo is going to be really feckin' heavy.

How do you have it EQ'd? Wrong EQ can mess up everything. Let us know, stating yours in "o'clock' positions.
bass: 1 oclock
mids: 9-12
treb:2

Yeah ive been playing it on A/B
My Gear:

Fender Supersonic
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss OS-2 OD/DS
Martin 000-28
Washburn D10s
My cleans dont even sound near to breaking up even near 3 o clock!
and i use close enough to the same EQ as you, maybe you should have your amp checked out?
I think i might have gotten lucky with mine though, ive heard other valvekings that sound terrable compared to mine, i was really impressed with mine, compared to a JCM even, i dunno, could have different tubes or something!
My Gear:
Jackson RR3 + Bill Lawrence L500XL

Sennheiser EW500 Wireless
T-bone EWS wireless
IbanezTS9
MXR 6Band EQ
Ibanez WD7
Decimator

Peavey VK100
Epiphone ValveJunior
Kustom Quad100DFX 2x12
MicroCube!
Marshall 1960A 4 x 12
I dont buy the whole "breaking in" of the speaker deal too. I've never heard of that with any other amp.
My Gear:

Fender Supersonic
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss OS-2 OD/DS
Martin 000-28
Washburn D10s
yeah
My Gear: