From the pic, it doesn't look parallel. I would put more tension on the springs.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
no no no no no

get a ZR trem or an EDGE PRO, edge III's suck and should not be used by anyone but steve vai, who makes anything sound good
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
no no no no no

get a ZR trem or an EDGE PRO, edge III's suck and should not be used by anyone but steve vai, who makes anything sound good

Uh, he's already got the trem. And if Vai used it, it would literally be in pieces by the end of the show
Quote by CJRocker
Uh, he's already got the trem. And if Vai used it, it would literally be in pieces by the end of the show

vai uses it on his new JEM20th guitar, and if you don't believe me, look at the guitar.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Make it parallel with the body. I had to do the same with my JS. Im sure you know to do that with the springs. Since i pull back on my trem arm a lot, i had to lower my bridge pup that that the strings wouldnt hit. Just food for thought in case it happens to you. Peace!
Quote by CullenT
vai uses it on his new JEM20th guitar, and if you don't believe me, look at the guitar.

I don't believe you and I looked at the guitar. Edge Pro
make sure it's the BOTTOM edge of the trem that is parallel to guitar
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by phatsack
make sure it's the BOTTOM edge of the trem that is parallel to guitar

so to be 100% sure the trem is parallel i have to take the back thing out and see the trem from there?
if it is like that, it sounds easy(but may be hard)
Quote by CullenT

he also uses a tremsetter on his guitar, perhaps that helps keep the POS trem in order
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
^ Eh, again JEM20th obviously has the Edge Pro. Vai has never even touched any POS Ibanez trems in public.

What he does in the privacy of his own home is his own business however.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by barcelona_rov
so to be 100% sure the trem is parallel i have to take the back thing out and see the trem from there?
if it is like that, it sounds easy(but may be hard)

No no no. Look at the area on the sides of the saddle and make it (about) parallel. Do it by eyesight, and dont stress over this. Everyones going to tell you how to do it their way and it all works out to be the same. Here's a pic of what i mean.

And like i said, my bridge pup is almost flush with the cover because i bring the trem up and down, Satch style!
Quote by dogismycopilot
No no no. Look at the area on the sides of the saddle and make it (about) parallel. Do it by eyesight, and dont stress over this. Everyones going to tell you how to do it their way and it all works out to be the same. Here's a pic of what i mean.

but i´ve been told that me trem(edge III) has to be a little slanted, not completely parallel, or are they wrong?
^ Yeah, Edge Pro has got to be the most confusing bridge to demonstate the "parallel" dealio since it sits almost flush with the body under normal conditions.

Most Ibanez trems (EIII in particular) don't line up so well and actually have to be slanted, so the saddle top is a fairly reliable "parallel" indicator when your fine tuner is set in the dead middle position.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by MurderWorship
From the pic, it doesn't look parallel. I would put more tension on the springs.

+1

Give the springs a turn and a half, then see. It should look like this:
doesnt matter if the top edge is slanted, because their meant to be. the base(bottom edge has to be parallel to the body, like frdesign's pic
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Tighten the springs.....

Then get a new bridge.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
i want to tell you something i tried to change to drop d(i was on standard)and the trem went changed its angle incredibly, so it was a little in the cavity. so i retuned to standard and instead of going to tha same place as the pic, it was parallel, like at FRdesing pic, but it still goes out of tune(just a few cents), WHAT CAN I TRY NOW. CHANGE SPRINGS?
my problem is when i dive the pitch goes down a few cents and if i pull it it goes high a few cents(the string should be stretched because they are 18 days old and with some trem diving and pulling.
How old is the bridge? It's very possible that it just doesn't keep tuning, if it has any kind of wear on it. There's a reason people warn against Edge IIIs...
your problem is you're using an edge III, not to mention it's not set up right. no matter what that trem is going to be out of tune when you dive due to it's shoddy construction. keep in mind to that an edge III will go out of tune when you alternate tunings on your guitar due to the fact that the spring tention will be set up for standard and now you've tuned to drop-D. if you do want better tuning stability you have several options..

- block the trem (keep in mind you'll never be able to use the trem, so that seems like a no)
-buy a new bridge (i'v already seen you asking around the forums about different bridges and where to buy online, but since you havn't followed through with that option im guessing you've changed your mind or are low on funds at the moment)
-get an experianced guitar tech to set it up properly (does cost money, but perhaps he could show you how to do it. im not sure tho about the availibility of a tech in your area)
-buy a tremsetter or tremolno to help tuning stability (once again im not sure of your funds)

hope this helped
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by pifty
How old is the bridge? It's very possible that it just doesn't keep tuning, if it has any kind of wear on it. There's a reason people warn against Edge IIIs...

its new, just like 4 weeks
Quote by shredhead22
your problem is you're using an edge III, not to mention it's not set up right. no matter what that trem is going to be out of tune when you dive due to it's shoddy construction. keep in mind to that an edge III will go out of tune when you alternate tunings on your guitar due to the fact that the spring tention will be set up for standard and now you've tuned to drop-D. if you do want better tuning stability you have several options..

- block the trem (keep in mind you'll never be able to use the trem, so that seems like a no)
-buy a new bridge (i'v already seen you asking around the forums about different bridges and where to buy online, but since you havn't followed through with that option im guessing you've changed your mind or are low on funds at the moment)
-get an experianced guitar tech to set it up properly (does cost money, but perhaps he could show you how to do it. im not sure tho about the availibility of a tech in your area)
-buy a tremsetter or tremolno to help tuning stability (once again im not sure of your funds)

hope this helped

i said in my last post that i tried to tune to drop d, because everyone said it was a little to in the front, but i went to standard again and now it looks parallel, but still goes out of tune.

about your options:
-i want to use a trem so that option is not an option
-i want a OFR but i´m saving for it(don´t have a jobs, because i´m only 15)(and told my parent that there is a store where i can get a job, but they think that it may compromise my studies)(i actually a good student(85 out of 100)(b+)
-a friend of mine who plays(very good)told me about a place i can send it(haven´t gone there but i will)(i don´t know if he is good but i´ll try).
-i don´t know what a tremsetter is, but the tremol-no is not an option
make sure you're tightening the locking nut tight enough, seriously, i've had mine over a year and i rape the trem quite often and it holds perfect tune
dude just change the trem when u get the money. it'll save u from all this frustration.

do chores or wateva. mow the lawn for extra cash.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by macaroni
dude just change the trem when u get the money. it'll save u from all this frustration.

do chores or wateva. mow the lawn for extra cash.

i will get another trem the OFR, but obviously when i get the money
so until then i want my guitar to be able to stay in tune.
Quote by FRDesign
It stays in tune fine, you just have to set it up right.

i believe it is setup right but it still goes out of tune
Last edited by barcelona_rov at Nov 19, 2007,